rotor problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jukedaman06

hey guys its me again. well i got my axles on the other day and now my rotors are making a weird scratching sound when i drive. i believe it is the rotor because when i was talking off the tire to fix the axles i noticed that my rotor was wobbling around. now i know this isnt normal. so my question is, why is my rotor making this sound, and what and how do i fix it?

actually they werent even there lol. yeah my buddy said that they need to be screwed in too. plus i think my rotors might be warped. what other recommendations do you have for rotor selection and the process of doing that?

Well, thats probably WHY they're warped!

I'd just go to Advanced Auto or Pep Boys and buy some new rotors for a GSR or ITR, that way you'll have bigger rotors, then upgrade the pads(or just replace the stock ones, if your on a budget).

Last edited:
im not 110 percent sure but if ur gonna upgrade ur brakes to gsr or itr, u need a gsr or itr spindle
i have upgraded gsr brakes,(came with the car) on my 93 hatch and when i bought stock rotors, they didnt fit on the spindle, so im pretty suire u need the hole spindle and everything to do that.

Well, in that case, buy some 1991 Civic EX rotors(10.3", same as GSR/ITR).

If you want even more braking power, upgrade '95 Legend GS Sedan dual piston calipers (stamped 17CL15VN) and call it a day.
Then run a 1" Integra MC/BB.
Thats what I'm doing in my crx...

Back