1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rotor problems

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jukedaman06, Dec 17, 2006.

1. jukedaman06

jukedaman06 New Member

hey guys its me again. well i got my axles on the other day and now my rotors are making a weird scratching sound when i drive. i believe it is the rotor because when i was talking off the tire to fix the axles i noticed that my rotor was wobbling around. now i know this isnt normal. so my question is, why is my rotor making this sound, and what and how do i fix it?

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Are the 2 rotor screws screwed in?

3. jukedaman06

jukedaman06 New Member

actually they werent even there lol. yeah my buddy said that they need to be screwed in too. plus i think my rotors might be warped. what other recommendations do you have for rotor selection and the process of doing that?

4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Well, thats probably WHY they're warped!

I'd just go to Advanced Auto or Pep Boys and buy some new rotors for a GSR or ITR, that way you'll have bigger rotors, then upgrade the pads(or just replace the stock ones, if your on a budget).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  5. slammedvtec

slammedvtec New Member

im not 110 percent sure but if ur gonna upgrade ur brakes to gsr or itr, u need a gsr or itr spindle
    i have upgraded gsr brakes,(came with the car) on my 93 hatch and when i bought stock rotors, they didnt fit on the spindle, so im pretty suire u need the hole spindle and everything to do that.

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Well, in that case, buy some 1991 Civic EX rotors(10.3", same as GSR/ITR).

If you want even more braking power, upgrade '95 Legend GS Sedan dual piston calipers (stamped 17CL15VN) and call it a day.
    Then run a 1" Integra MC/BB.
    Thats what I'm doing in my crx...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted