RS engine and tranny into a GSR shell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

simonsez84

Hey guys,

I need some help with a swap I'll be doing this weekend. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Ok, I have a 94 RS Integra right now and I will be taking that engine and transmission out of it and putting it into a 94 GSR shell I'm picking up this week.

This is basically an un-bolt, remove, install and bolt back up procedure correct? Never done a swap before so I'm not totally sure ..

One thing I am worried about is the compatibility of the exhausts .. the exhaust on the car is for a GSR but I don't know if the headers are different or the same ..

Also, how long would it take two people to do this job? I'm hoping to get it done in 2 days .. I miss having a car sooooooo much!

I found a great article on this site with help on removing an engine, thank you pissedoffsol :worthy: so I got that .. besides an engine hoist and obvious wrenches, sockets, etc. what else would I be needing? I'm asking because I don't know how much a tranny weighs and if I can lower it and bolt it back on just with me and one other person who will be helping me ..

I really wish I could find a step-by-step guide to assist me with this but no luck so far .. :thumbsdown:

Again, any insight into this would be greatly appreciated! I need to get as much info to do this before this weekend .. snow flies real soon and I really don't want to be left doing it then ..

Thanks in advance!!

Simon

the header and cat for the RS are different

2 people should definatly be able to finish it in 2 days

other than the cat its pretty much plug and play

use the RS ECU and the RS engine harness
use the RS header and the RS cat

Quoted post[/post]]
the header and cat for the RS are different

2 people should definatly be able to finish it in 2 days

other than the cat its pretty much plug and play

use the RS ECU and the RS engine harness