RSX emissions question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spaded

ok, so im changing the type of header im doing and going with ahhvtec's advice and using a race header, this will obviously throw up a cel, is there a way (through hondata or otherwise) to shut off the code because all we do for emissions in mass is hook up a computer and run a quick check theres no sniffers or under car checks

you can cut it off with k pro but not the reflash, other than that you can buy a defouler there about 8 bucks. but they work sometimes 100% of the time but the more average of the working rate i would guess to be about 90%

what exactly is a defouler? all i need is something to trick it into thinking i still have a cat so i dont throw up a cel

I'm guessing the ecu reads the afr from the first sensor, otherwise this would be a bad idea as it would not allow it to give a correct reading. I don't know though, I've only ever dealt with OBD1 cars with 1 sensor.

yea the 1st o2 sensor is all that matters the second is just there to see if the cat is doing its job

lol like i said i just need to trick the secondary one, but by doing the defouler it should work, now i just gotta look at other options for more power

Back