Rsx headlights on honda civic???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragunn

I've seen it before, but not really sure of what the process of putting rsx headlights on a 98 honda civic is. I was wondering if anyone knows how to complete this process, or where I can find info. N E help would be appriciated, Thanx!

a shit load on bondo OR you could do the normal thing most people do with common sense and take it to a good shop that does conversions and have them do it. I think that'd be ugly as fuck though, why not just get CTR headlights?

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Sep 6 2003, 03:26 PM
superhonda.com is where you need to go.

this forum was made so that we don't need to refer everyone to superhonda.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 6 2003, 05:15 PM
fiberglass mold and a rsx front bumper to mold

thanx a lot for the tip, but where can i find these molds for good prices. And also, wouldn't i be able to mold a civic front bumper or no. And is that all i would need???

Ok so you want top play at some real body work here it goes.
First you will need some basic supplies
Welder (oxy or mig), Fiberglass, rsx lights, metal shires , body hammer and drifts, lots of sandpaper sander, acetone.

You need to not only modify the bumper but the fenders and hood need to be modified as well.
It is a large job with lots of time needed and the car will be out for about 1-2 weeks well you work on it.
The welder is the largest cost for about 250-300 you can buy a gas mig brand new or for about 200-250 you can buy a flux core welder.
Once you buy it you will find yourself using it more and more.
If you want to continue let me know

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 7 2003, 02:30 AM
Ok so you want top play at some real body work here it goes.
First you will need some basic supplies
Welder (oxy or mig), Fiberglass, rsx lights, metal shires , body hammer and drifts, lots of sandpaper sander, acetone.

You need to not only modify the bumper but the fenders and hood need to be modified as well.
It is a large job with lots of time needed and the car will be out for about 1-2 weeks well you work on it.
The welder is the largest cost for about 250-300 you can buy a gas mig brand new or for about 200-250 you can buy a flux core welder.
Once you buy it you will find yourself using it more and more.
If you want to continue let me know

first, what kind of fiberglass will i need. and also modifiying the bumper, fenders and hood, (civic parts or rsx parts?). and where can i pick up the metal shires that you recommend. what kind of money are we talking about here putting all this together, or is it all not worth it for the cost. but, yes, of course i wanna continue. your knowledge appriciated.

Ok well I have both tin snips (12)and an air nibbler (45), you definatley need the snips.
Second as for a welder you can get an oxy rig for as little as 65 bucks, and migs from 125. You need to go to pawn shops and crap to find them use for the best deal. As for fiber glass don’t use the weaved used the random fiber mating, You can pick it up and any parts store for about 10 bucks including the resin. As for a sander all I use is a small block sander and a small 25 buck power sander. You will also some files and crap like that for about 200-300 or less you can be set up. As for being worth it once you make the investment you can then shave molding handles hell you could even install suicide doors if you want

I say just take it to good body shop, it is too much of a hassle to do it yourself, and by the time you buy all the supplies it will come out the same price as taking it to a shop.

but wouldn't there be a better feeling of self worth if he did it and actually took time and made it look right (nice quality, not wavey and fitting). Any dumb punk with money to blow can take it to a shop and get it done. Body Shop guys had to start somewhere to get on their level. And no offense to anyone in here. But some of the guys I've talked to about body work look like they are a few fries short of their happy meal.

Do it, you don't have anything to lose but time.

ya but when he buys eveything he can do body work over and over on other projects, shave handels guters antena and crap like that and all for the same cost as this one mod

that yellow conversion is on an EF crx tho, the car itself isn't as wide as an EK.

have you seen that one momo ad, the blue 99' SI with RSX front and rear end? I haven't but the girl that owns the car is from atlanta, where I'm at. Her "crew" is called X rated or rated X. I think her car is "alright", I'd just stick with the 97 front end tho, but whatever floats your boat and finds your lost remote.

do it yo'self y0!

ya no that front end was a compleet custom from the bumper to the hood all were streched 6-8 inches and thats why the light are laid so far back it also has a merc slk rear end on it

ya that crx is ugly as fuck. its too long with the rsx headlights....

Back