1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSX transmission in '02 SI

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EP / DC5' started by wk_runner02, Feb 7, 2008.

1. wk_runner02

wk_runner02 New Member

My friend blew third completely out of his '02 SI. He just bought a RSX-S six speed. What all will we need to do this swap?

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I don't think you should really have to do anything, isn't it a straight bolt-up?

3. wk_runner02

wk_runner02 New Member

That is what i heard,.. but i wasn't 100% sure. I think were gonna do the swap next weekend, I'll post on here and let ya'll know for sure. Might get pictures, if i can find my camera...

4. BrutalB83

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a straight bolt-on, although I'm not sure about the shifter and the linkage. You might need to use the RSX parts since you're swapping to a 6-speed.

Hold on, I'll try and find out...

5. wk_runner02

wk_runner02 New Member

The guy that he talked to said that the linkages wouldn't be a problem. That was one of my main concerns. According to him, it used a cable style linkage.

6. BrutalB83

Ah, good deal. That was the only thing I could think of that might be a problem. You should be good to go then.

7. wk_runner02

wk_runner02 New Member

Okay, another question the guy keeps bugging me about.

What kind of transmission fluid will he need? Where also gonna do polyeurathane, *sp, motor mounts, stage 2 clutch, and i think he is getting a light weight flywheel.

But any help you can give me would be appreciated.

8. wolydotmatrix

wolydotmatrix New Member

you might have an issue with the reverse lock out which I know is on the rsx and the new si tranny both 6 spd
    If you dont have controls for the solenoid you might be up poopoo creek uless of course the 5 spd does in fact have the reverse lockout feature don't remember
    ;););););)

9. wolydotmatrix

wolydotmatrix New Member

Suggest going to your local hond/acura dealer and picking some MTF which have added friction modifiers for smoother shifting

10. wk_runner02

wk_runner02 New Member

sorry i haven't updated ya'll in a while. We got it finished saturday. It took almost a week to do. Everybody that we talked to around my small town all told us that the transmission would come out the top. ... There is not a way that the trans will come out the top, if you keep the motor in it. Finally we broke down and dropped the subframe. That and we had a clutch issue. He ordered a stage 2 clutch, and the clutch wouldn't fit his stock flywheel so we had to wait about five days for him to order the correct flywheel. We didn't have any problems with linkages or anything. He can go into reverse, but he said you have to push it over really hard.

11. wk_runner02

wk_runner02 New Member

12. wolydotmatrix

wolydotmatrix New Member

what is that a 4" treated timber and a rachet strap?????? nice , use what you got:)

13. wk_runner02

wk_runner02 New Member

yup thats its.. It was like that for a few days, that was when we found out his clutch didn't fit the flywheel.

We have one of the cradle things, can't think of what its called right now, on the way. Never thought that we would need one.

14. thetunersource

thetunersource New Member

glad you guys got it done! Im looking to do the swap pretty soon myself, but since im boosting I may just get another 5 speed.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted