RUNNING LEAN

Im running lean.. Needs fixed..

• please help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • please help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stillcivic94

I have a 94 honda civic 4dr 1.5 sohc w/ a full 2inch exaust system without cat, long ram intake,helix (throttle body spacer), larger wires and 2 step colder plugs. For some reason Im running lean. The a/f says lean, the headers are blue and it smells. I rulled out the o2 sensor and the motor has been taken apart and looked at internally. I have 151 pounds of pressure in each cylinder. The motor runs fine it is just to slow for what i have done to it. I have had a stock honda just like mine run me over and at the track it ran a 18.5. Something is making me drastically slower and i can figure out what it is. The car i immaculate but to slow for it appearance. Some tell me something about how to fix this.

do you have a wideband o2 sensor?

if you don't, you cannot say you're running lean accurately based on a useless autometer a/f gauge lazer light show.

first of all, WHY such a cold plug? if you aren't boosting to 350 whp, those plugs are simply making you lose power. higher gap makes a cleaner burn, and produces more power. The advantage of going to the colder plug is that the turbo "winds" won't blow out the spark as easily...

So, put a stock NGK .040-ish gap plug back in there.

the header is blue.... ok.. but with out telling us what amterial its made out of thats pretty useless info.

Smells.... um, like what?

Back