running wrong injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so what happens if you're running OBD2 high ohm injectors in an OBD1 car with the injector resistor box?

can you rewire the car to use the obd2 injectors?
or are you better off keeping the resistor box and getting the right injectors?

i thought the obd1/2 injecotrs were the same. with slightly different plugs.

Also why would you have a resistor box for saturated injectors?

damn, he got to it first.

If you're using PnH injecotrs then you need a resistor box or 10k 10 ohm resistors

alright

let me rephrase

stock 93 accord comes with 240cc peak and hold injectors

2001 prelude comes with saturated 280 cc injectors

92-96 prelude has 345cc peak and hold injectors...

what happens if you're running 280cc saturated injectors in a 1993 accord with a resistor box for peak and hold injectors?

yea, that was my theory on the matter as well...

i know for certain that its not right

but the car runs fine, has lots of power, seems to be ok...
but my guess is that they are not getting enough ohm's and therefore are not supplying enough fuel, making the car run lean, but this is only a theory...

the car has an idle funk... it will idle around 800-900 like it should, then it will build up to about 1200... and then all of the sudden drop back to 750-800 and work its way back up to 1200 or 1300
and it just does it over and over and over again...

so my theory is that the o2 is saying lean, gives it more fuel, bumping the idle, and then it reads not lean, kicks it back down to 800 rpm's and the cycle restarts...

any idea if any of my theories are anywhere near right?

I think it maybe cause with the peak an hold ECU it pulses the signal to them and with the saturated it has one solid signal.

I may be completely wrong though. YOu should defenitly seek further opinions, cause I pulled that out my ass.

the injectors must match the ecu and must match the resistor box.

the following will work:

saturated ecu / saturated inj / no resistor box
p/h ecu / p/h inj / resistor box

saturated ecu / p/h inj / resistor box
p/h ecu / saturated inj / WILL NOT WORK.

ok...

well let me tell you how the car is running right now...
and trust me, it does run...

obd2 saturated injectors that cmae with the 2001 prelude motor, with obd1 injector resistor box, and obd1 peak and hold p13 ecu...

opinion?

sure, it very well may fire them off...

but the ohm rating is all wrong, and eventually, the ecu will get fried.

in your opinion is the motor getting too much fuel? not enough? or the right amount?

and you think this will lead to ecu failure?

i don't see how it owuld damage the ecu...

the ecu is peak and hold, and so is the resistor box...
so how could it be sending the wrong ohm load...?

it should be sending the stock ohm load, which should only have adverse affects on the actual injectors...

yea, the plan was to just get the right injectors, or wire it for saturated...

but the injectors run 85 bucks a piece...

i was really just wondering if the wrong injectors would explain the idle problem, and if it was running lean and could potentially harm the motor...

so you want bigger injectors? how bought some 390s from an auto eclipse? They're dirt cheap and pretty easy to find.

not really looking for bigger injectors

i was just wondering if running the saturated bitches on a peak and hold system would cause a lean condition...

stock p13, and basically stock h22 so i think larger injectors would be overkill at this point in time... but chances of finding stock h22 injectors in a junkyard is zero, at least around my area..

thanks for the thoughts and opinions..
i'm going to advise my friend to either hit up egay, haven't found any on there so far, or go with an aftermarket comparable cc rated peak and hold injector...

Back