RWD>AWD>FWD......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for an awd vs fwd vs rwd test you really need to have a the test done with identical weight (and distribution) and identical suspension setups, as well as identical power. too much bias/variables when you use cars that have differences stretching beyond the drivetrain layout.

After she hits the penguin. . . did anyone eltz here a screem? lol

FWD : The ONLY problem with my NX. I always thought my choice for "Last car I'll ever own" would be a RWD Supra.

But I've noticed that the grip and slide characteristics (Slide not as drift, but as in holy shit that's a corner) between the Supra and the WRX are the exact same. Interestingly, the Civic is very well controlled, the Loyale in 2WD is fucking incredible, and the CRX oversteers quite a bit. That's why Clayton actually got away with drifts with the CRX. It's surprisingly easy to get the ass end around ~35-45 degrees.

Quoted post[/post]]
for an awd vs fwd vs rwd test you really need to have a the test done with identical weight (and distribution) and identical suspension setups, as well as identical power. too much bias/variables when you use cars that have differences stretching beyond the drivetrain layout.

Thank you, I didn't have to type that out.

ive driven a lot of all 3 and as a GENERAL RULE that is true. But if you compare my prelude vs a volvo 850 vs subaru legacy, the results would be completely different. I know ill still have a lil bit of understeer, but when i did a cones course on a lot in plano and had a lil driving exhibition the next week at the same place, every one (more specifically everyone that didnt know better) thought my car was RWD. Its all in the driver and the suspension doesnt hurt.

At least the new top gear jeremy straight up tells you..."I hate the porsche....but its still a good car" How is a 328 and a quattro vs an alfa a fair test?

Quoted post[/post]]
ive driven a lot of all 3 and as a GENERAL RULE that is true. But if you compare my prelude vs a volvo 850 vs subaru legacy, the results would be completely different. I know ill still have a lil bit of understeer, but when i did a cones course on a lot in plano and had a lil driving exhibition the next week at the same place, every one (more specifically everyone that didnt know better) thought my car was RWD. Its all in the driver and the suspension doesnt hurt.

At least the new top gear jeremy straight up tells you..."I hate the porsche....but its still a good car" How is a 328 and a quattro vs an alfa a fair test?

How is a 328 vs a heavy ass unbalanced quattro a fair test?

As I said to everyone who legged humped the A4 over the WRX, the A4 has a soft suspension, is heavy and definately isn't made for performance its made for cruising. A S4 is more set up for a sporty test like this, but a M3 would eat it because its better balanced and thought out.

What they need to do is find a car thats offered with those three drivetrains and perform the test with them. Say a DSM and weld the differentials on an AWD car to make, FWD, RWD, and AWD and then do the test.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

How is a 328 vs a heavy ass unbalanced quattro a fair test?

As I said to everyone who legged humped the A4 over the WRX, the A4 has a soft suspension, is heavy and definately isn't made for performance its made for cruising. A S4 is more set up for a sporty test like this, but a M3 would eat it because its better balanced and thought out.

What they need to do is find a car thats offered with those three drivetrains and perform the test with them. Say a DSM and weld the differentials on an AWD car to make, FWD, RWD, and AWD and then do the test.
or spend some money and do it with an EVO MR... or hell an new STI

its top gear... THEY HAVE THE MONEY!

well they did a comparison of the carrera and the carrera 4 on top gear. in a time attack in the dry, the RWD won...

Quoted post[/post]]
well they did a comparison of the carrera and the carrera 4 on top gear. in a time attack in the dry, the RWD won...
Well the Carerra 4 "won". Stig's choice and the overall sensible choice was the RWD.

EDIT: Car er a, Car rer a, Carrera. Thank you for your support.

Back