RWD hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I saw that someone had done this somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where. Any ideas?

Last edited:
There's also a guy on H-T that is doing a RWD Prelude.

I've seen 2 Chevy 350 RWD 92-95's floating around on eBay for a while.

It could be done... If you have the time and money. It's easyer to buy a RWD car lol

The RWD conversion from what I understand is really a headache. Yes your car will be VERY unique. Is the time and cost to do such a conversion worth it? I am with the same answer, not worth it.

The one that I saw used a D- or B-series. What they did was one way or another put the front hubs on the rear so the stock drivetrain would remain intact. For all the engine knew, it was still pulling the car versus pushing it.

Easier said than done, but all that needs to be done is cut the floor pan, fabricate some mounts, some rerouting of fuel, coolant, and wiring, and intake and exhaust. How hard can it be? Who knows, I may get half-way through the conversion and end up with a for sale post.

This car has been through a lot. It started as an STD. It got an SI cam, SI ECU, complete CRX dash, rear disc conversion, SI diff, full exhaust, and ITBs from an '01 CBR 929RR. RWD seems like the next logical step. Why not take it?

That's what I was afraid of. "Hey, look what I did" or "For Sale: Dead project" coming soon.

Back