Rwd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What year corolla's had rwd? I was just wondering cuz theres a 1986 Corolla with 66k miles for sale a couple miles from me for cheap and if it's rwd i might just pick that shit up.

The GT-S was rear wheel drive for that year... I think the rest are front wheel drive.

Hachiroku anyone? :lol:

Sure. You could always ask the seller you know, just to be sure. :)

thats the car im looking for (thought it would be a fun project to drop a 4A-GTE into) the gts is rwd and it is an ae86 chassis thats the trueno and is very popular in japan for drifting cause they are cheap and people dont mind running them into mountains :rolleyes:

oh nice, thee old AE86, there was one selling locally here for 4g's but to be honest it was worth it. New dark grey oem paint, some suspension work, some nice rims, etc.........I wish I had 4G's sitting around.

Milan

Nice. I was looking for one when I was shopping for my beater- an AE86 project car would've been sweet.

i know this question will never get answered, but in initial d "stage 2" the kid with the AE86 does a motor swap from TRD he said the motor had 220hp, 14:1 compression and redlined at 11,000. and i was wondering if TRD ever made such a thing because if they did that little car would be one hell of a bad ass.

i almost forgot the 85 GT-S is rear wheel drive. my cousin has one but the metal around where the rear shock mount is pretty well rusted to shit so he has to watch the bumps or one time he will shoot a shock through the trunk! i would buy the car twin cam with a torque' motor, but it is hard to find one with low mile. i would prefer a 240sx that rear ended someone and had a fucked up hood, bumper, fenders and doesn't run. do a S15 conversion with a $2k k20 turbo swap :p

why a k/turbo?? just spend the money and get the sr20det and get an s15 black top.

thats what i would do, a sr20det swap. and silva conversion

you could get a whole SR20det front clip for uner $1500, why pay a shit load for the motor and then another shit load for the conversion when you could just get it all in one cheap bundle???

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jun 18 2003, 02:48 PM
you could get a whole SR20det front clip for uner $1500, why pay a shit load for the motor and then another shit load for the conversion when you could just get it all in one cheap bundle???

First off the clip *would be* about 1500 and you'd be a very happy sr20 owner. But NO clip will have body panels on it. I would bet my first born on it.

That's why you'd have to shell out another 1500-2000 for all the panels, lights, hood, etc. And that's just the s13 front. S15 front-end conv. usually costs around 2500-3000.

the clips i can get come with everything, so i dunno bout ur clips. check out www.jdmrecycler.com, the place is in south elmonte so if ur in cali its a good place to check out. they have more than whats on the site, so u can call them and ask them if they have what your looking for

Have you actually received a clip from them yourself? When it says "Nissan SR20DET Silvia-Includes Projector Headlights", that doesn't sound like the all of the panels. And considering they're selling all of the conversion pieces by themselves already, I dont think they'd include them with a clip. Especially not with a $2600 s13 red-top.

yeah it comes with all of the panels but they are all fucking hurt and will need some time in a body shop to look decent again

heres the pic from the site
1.jpg

as you can see ... the 1/4 panels are fukt... the hood is fukt... the bumper might be ok... the lights are ok... and it hasent even been shipped yet

if you think by getting a front clip you will get a mint front end conversion you are mistaken

if you get a swap for 1500 you will almost always end up with no MAF, a cut engine harness, and a broken Ignitorchip. On top of that, you will never find anything but a Red top SR20DET for 1500 unless you work out some sort of amazing deal. Thats fine though, because the s15 black top is an inferior engine for tuning due to various additions nissan made to the engine over the years. If you want a good SR, buy from heavythrottle.com and pay the money to avoid the hassle, get a red top or black top from a s13, if you get an s14 or s15 engine you will probably regret it either in cost or when you somehow break your weakly built 6spd transmission. If you want to do a silvia conversion, hunt parts, you can get a whole conversion for under 1000 with good panels, usually the panels and lights on clips are tore up worse than pictues illustrate. If you DO decide to be insane and buy a $1500 SR then be prepared to buy lots of rare and expensive parts. Some things can be found on US cars, but i'll leave that for you to learn.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 20 2003, 03:09 PM
yeah it comes with all of the panels but they are all fucking hurt and will need some time in a body shop to look decent again

heres the pic from the site
1.jpg

as you can see ... the 1/4 panels are fukt... the hood is fukt... the bumper might be ok... the lights are ok... and it hasent even been shipped yet

if you think by getting a front clip you will get a mint front end conversion you are mistaken

1/4 panels? That appears to be the front clip, those are fenders.. the rear are 1/4 panels. :)

Back