1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s20 tranny type of oil

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by BORICUAFLAVA2, Jun 28, 2006.

1. BORICUAFLAVA2

BORICUAFLAVA2 Junior Member

I have an 95 honda civic with an d15b vtec engine with a s20 tranny. this s20 tranny i bought for 300 in a junkyard because the old one was mess up when i bought the car. I install this transmission and bolted right on but ever since i put this tranny the car is weak as hell. all the gears are long as hell and i been reading the about this tranny and it belongs to this type of engine as well as the L3 both got the same gear ratio. the only thing that i think i might of did wrong is put 5w75 gear lube to this transmission. And just yesterday i was surfing the net and found out that this tranny oil is 10w30 but i think this is a typo. I just want to conferm that this is true so i could change this oil as soon as possible so i could get some speed in my civic.

2. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

Why not get tranny fluid from honda? Its not too expensive.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Read your owner's manual. Use either Honda MTF or non-synthetic 10e30 motor oil. L3 is a general code for a whole line of transmissions, not just one.

4. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

And you got a DX (d15 non vtec) transmission, that's why your car is slow.

5. BORICUAFLAVA2

BORICUAFLAVA2 Junior Member

thanks for the help guys.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted