S80 mount problems in EE8 (=EF8)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

REX VT

Who has fitted the S80 tranny in a 4th gen? How did you overcome the front mount problem?

Perhaps but Hasport kits are based on D-serie 4th gens I believe, see picture for mount problem , it is 1.75 inch off

tranny-mountproblem.jpg

what are you talking about the d series crx? hasport makes swap kits for b series engine into the crx.

i thought you were talking about the mount actually on the front of the tranny not on top, you are talking about the top tranny mount correct?

are you saying you have a JDM or EDM crx that comes with a b16? in that case maybe you should look into someone who makes a kit for it. i live in the US and i dont know of any place outside the US. im sure you could find something on Google.

what i do know is that you will have to convert the tranny to a cable clutch acuation(sp?). you will be able to use the Hasport kit for this. contact them and see if they will sell you just the kit for the tranny conversion. on their site they only list it as a package with the mount kit for a hydro tranny/engine.

sorry i couldnt be more help. try posting this on honda-tech.com theres so many users someones bound to be able to help you.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jan 17 2004, 05:24 PM
what are you talking about the d series crx? hasport makes swap kits for b series engine into the crx.

i thought you were talking about the mount actually on the front of the tranny not on top, you are talking about the top tranny mount correct?

are you saying you have a JDM or EDM crx that comes with a b16? in that case maybe you should look into someone who makes a kit for it. i live in the US and i dont know of any place outside the US. im sure you could find something on Google.

what i do know is that you will have to convert the tranny to a cable clutch acuation(sp?). you will be able to use the Hasport kit for this. contact them and see if they will sell you just the kit for the tranny conversion. on their site they only list it as a package with the mount kit for a hydro tranny/engine.

sorry i couldnt be more help. try posting this on honda-tech.com theres so many users someones bound to be able to help you.

Yes I own a EDM 1.6i VT , the car came stock with the B16a1, Y2 tranny with optional LSD. This car is called EE8 , EE9 is civic 1.6i VT, both European spec of the Japanese EF8 and EF9

Original B16 mounts places the engine further to the firewall. This is why the S80 tranny sits so close to the rear x-member.

I mentioned D-series because B-serie swap mounts are made for 4th gens that come stock with D-serie engine.

Honda-tech , no luck so far, only saw B18c5+tranny on originally D-serie equipped cars. Almost no US guys own a SiR, let alone have swapped the Teg engine

You would need a mount that converts a DA (90-93 Integra) tranny mount to the hydraulic style... Being that the DA's have the same engine compartemnt dimensions as the EF and EE chassis'.

Unfortunately, the DA chassis aren't very popular, so finding that mount will be next to impossible without custom fabrication.

I know , I've seen a customized HCP mount though but it looked like something welded together by a two year old.. I am currently looking into importing a Y1 with cusco lsd and 4.4 FD at least it bolt rights in but damn that S80 would give me some serious credits if I am able to get it in..

Back