Safc woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

Piggyback computers are not my forte. Does anyone know how to adjust the rev-limiter on a safc? Is this something you can do by yourself, or is this better left to a tuner? My buddy just got crower 403s, crower titanium v/s, venom cam gears and a safc installed on his 2001 integra GS. XS engineering refused to raise his rev limiter past 7200. At 7000 he put down 143 to the wheel. Granted 8000+ rpms are not safe for the rods, but with the valve springs and retainers, 7800 should not be a problem at all. Can he bump up the limiter 500 rpms by himself, or does he need to go to a shop? Any imput is appreciated.

Where is Pills when you need him????? :unsure:

i'm pretty sure they didn't up the limiter for a reason. sure there's ways of doing it...but I wouldn't recommend it if you even think it might not hold up

I don't think you can raise a rev limiter with an SAFC. You definitely can with a chipped program on the ECU...

Thanx Cal. I know one of those 20 dollar chips off Ebay will elliminate the rev limiter 'cause I did it to my old civic. However, I called a few tuner shops and I was told the safc CAN raise the limiter in 500 rpm increments. But I don't know how and even APEX's website can't tell me. I guess I can call APEX but my buddy's at the track right now and a few extra revs would really help him out right about now. :shrug2:

Hmm. I'm really not sure about the rev limit increase. You would basically have to intercept the RPM signal from the engine when it goes higher than the ECU's redline, then feed the ECU a signal that says that the engine is always at redline or just below. Since the SAFC relies on cheating the ECU's fuel tables into thinking that the engine is breathing in a different amount of air at the same RPM, all your fueling above the ECU's redline would then be calculated from the redline speed's values. I don't think that would work all that well. Understand?

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 18 2004, 05:25 PM
Hmm. I'm really not sure about the rev limit increase. You would basically have to intercept the RPM signal from the engine when it goes higher than the ECU's redline, then feed the ECU a signal that says that the engine is always at redline or just below. Since the SAFC relies on cheating the ECU's fuel tables into thinking that the engine is breathing in a different amount of air at the same RPM, all your fueling above the ECU's redline would then be calculated from the redline speed's values. I don't think that would work all that well. Understand?
[post=391972]Quoted post[/post]​

Sadly... I do. So his best bet is one of those ebay chips or a hondata. Thanx Cal. :thumbsup:

yea i've been out of commision for a while moving back up to school and what not.

as far as i know you cant' raise the rev limit w/ an safc. i used to run a vafc before my hondata and that couldn't raise the rev limit.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Sep 18 2004, 05:56 PM-->
Sadly... I do. So his best bet is one of those ebay chips or a hondata. Thanx Cal. :thumbsup:
[post=391984]Quoted post[/post]​

:( :) Sorry man.

pills_PMD
@Sep 19 2004, 07:02 AM
yea i've been out of commision for a while moving back up to school and what not.

as far as i know you cant' raise the rev limit w/ an safc. i used to run a vafc before my hondata and that couldn't raise the rev limit.
[post=392144]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah- the first engine I had put in was tuned with a Mugen program and a VAFC... the VAFC couldn't do a damn thing to the rev limiter, but I guess it didn't matter because the Mugen program didn't have one anyway.

Back