Saturated injectors from a 1999 Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eroman

I've got a bunch of misc. parts laying around my garage that I want to put to use. My current project I'm working on is an LS/VTEC motor. I'm using a JDM B16A1 head. I have a Type R intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail, and fuel injectors I want to use. I also have most of the sensors (TPS, MAP, etc) from the original B16A1 manifold. My concern though is with the fuel injectors. They are saturated fuel injectors. I am using the PW0 ECU (pre-OBD) which normally controls peak and hold injectors via a resister box. I need to know if it will be OK to connect the saturated injectors if I simply bypass the resister box. If this won't work, I will have to buy the appropriate injectors, but I want to try and save a little $$$$! If anyone can help, please do. :worthy:

Don't think it will work dude. Just buy some DSM peak/hold injectors for cheap, or use the stock injectors if you are not planning on upping the CR or displacement, those will do until you have the cash to buy some RC's and some tuning.

nope won't work, but those injectors and clips are worth a little something with the converting to obd1 trend...like Mike said, buy some big dsm bad boys for cheap (that is if your gonna need them that big otherwise use stock honda obd0)

Well, the obd1 thing isn't really a trend. I am switching from obd0 to obd1 so that my jdm motor will be a legal Cali swap. Oh yeah, I want the hondata s200 as well.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 27 2004, 12:09 AM
Well, the obd1 thing isn't really a trend. I am switching from obd0 to obd1 so that my jdm motor will be a legal Cali swap. Oh yeah, I want the hondata s200 as well.

a trend doesn't have to be without reason, most everyone who converts to grey plugs does so to run obd1 fuel management programs (hondata has caused the majority including myself, even though there are old school DFI programs which will be arguably better), have their car run smoother, and to match a particular motor setup they have...

i have obd1 injectors with white plugs....

Back