1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturated injectors from a 1999 Type R

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by eroman, May 26, 2004.

1. eroman

eroman Member

I've got a bunch of misc. parts laying around my garage that I want to put to use. My current project I'm working on is an LS/VTEC motor. I'm using a JDM B16A1 head. I have a Type R intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail, and fuel injectors I want to use. I also have most of the sensors (TPS, MAP, etc) from the original B16A1 manifold. My concern though is with the fuel injectors. They are saturated fuel injectors. I am using the PW0 ECU (pre-OBD) which normally controls peak and hold injectors via a resister box. I need to know if it will be OK to connect the saturated injectors if I simply bypass the resister box. If this won't work, I will have to buy the appropriate injectors, but I want to try and save a little $$$$! If anyone can help, please do. :worthy:

2. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

Don't think it will work dude. Just buy some DSM peak/hold injectors for cheap, or use the stock injectors if you are not planning on upping the CR or displacement, those will do until you have the cash to buy some RC's and some tuning.

3. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

nope won't work, but those injectors and clips are worth a little something with the converting to obd1 trend...like Mike said, buy some big dsm bad boys for cheap (that is if your gonna need them that big otherwise use stock honda obd0)

4. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

Well, the obd1 thing isn't really a trend. I am switching from obd0 to obd1 so that my jdm motor will be a legal Cali swap. Oh yeah, I want the hondata s200 as well.

5. eroman

eroman Member

I had a feeling it wouldn't work. Thanks for the help guys.

:bonk:

6. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

a trend doesn't have to be without reason, most everyone who converts to grey plugs does so to run obd1 fuel management programs (hondata has caused the majority including myself, even though there are old school DFI programs which will be arguably better), have their car run smoother, and to match a particular motor setup they have...

7. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

i have obd1 injectors with white plugs....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted