Saturn is desperate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just read about this in the business section of the newspaper. saturn (division of GM) will be airing a 55 minute infomercial starting next week on one of the home shopping networks in an efffort to boost its slow sales. it suffered a 33% profit loss since last year(?)...and is only outdone by oldsmobile's 54% profit loss! sad sad sad. they hope to reach something like 20 million housewives by airing the infomercial. they say they have strong sales to female customers. :lol: good luck!

Yeah, its sagging sales are its reason for having to resort to using Honda engines in their new models. GM just wasn't cutting it. How can you sell a plastic car powered by a pile of manure? :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jul 29 2003, 06:03 PM
Yeah, its sagging sales are its reason for having to resort to using Honda engines in their new models. GM just wasn't cutting it. How can you sell a plastic car powered by a pile of manure? :lol:

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My girlfriend drives a Saturn and she loves it. I am always telling her what a piece of crap it is. I can't wait to show her this. Hahaha!

An ex of mine used to drive a Saturn. She got rid of the Saturn for an Accord, and now all she does is badmouth Saturn and says she can't believe she ever drove a piece of shit like that.

Saturn brainwashes you into thinking that they're a "different kind of car company" blah blah blah... all that crap. Then you buy one of their cars, they praise them and make you believe that they're the best thing on four wheels, take you to the factory and have all kinds of meets and crap...

Hmm...

Sounds like a lot of our Honda folks. :lol:

hear about the ION redline thats coming out?? suposed to make 200 hp and 210 torque....... on ! 12 ! pounds of boost!!!! give me a honda engine with 7 psi and see bigger numbers the that

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Jul 29 2003, 06:37 PM
hear about the ION redline thats coming out?? suposed to make 200 hp and 210 torque....... on ! 12 ! pounds of boost!!!! give me a honda engine with 7 psi and see bigger numbers the that

WHAT? :eek: :eek2: :eek3: A Saturn with boost? That is a waste of a turbo. Is there anything on the internet about this?

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Jul 29 2003, 07:37 PM

PSI means jack shit. It is all about the actuall size of the turbo and the CFM output. A really small turbo with 20 lbs of boost could bump hp by 10 hp, when a really big turbo with the same amount of boost could pump out 200.

And yes, saturns are POS.

saturnionredlinecoupeback1.jpg

saturnionredlinecoupefront1.jpg

its butt fugly if you ask me, no wonder why they're going out of business.

200 hps turbocharged FWD, another attempt by domestic companies to enter the import market, i.e. pontiac sunbird (something bird), ford focus, chevy caveliar, dodge neon srt4, etc etc. They need to get a clue but the neon's badass I have to admit.

It doesn't look THAT bad for a Saturn...

My girl drives a Saturn, and it's damn reliable. Hell, Saturn even replaced the drivers seat under warranty when the little pleather strip on the side decided to crack and tear after 35k miles of use and abuse. Plus, they was the car every time she takes it to them to even look at something that irk's her. It's not too bad, but she wants to get into an RX-8 in the near future. If the RX-8 wasn't so expensive, and I felt like she could actually afford it, I'd be all for her getting it.

Oh well. ;)

A 210 HP Saturd is pretty impressive...

my sister has a asturn.

97 or 98... i forget.
has about 40k on it

has seen 2 major tranny services, countless other times at the shop for shit breaking. its a hunk of shit.

we get the point, and how old is your sister? :)

Back