Save My Best Friend From Gm Hell!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFHOMI2U

Ok, my best friend Justin has just sold his Probe GT Show car. 2 First place's and a whole lot of attention. One thing he didn't like about it was the slowness!!! He is now looking around for a new car, and he's leaning towards V8. i.e - IROC-Z, Any F-Body, Chevy Malibu, etc... BUT, he has 7g's to work with, wants a car that comes with a good paint job, (not anything crazy, just a clean paint job) He does not want to do a lot of work on it, and it has to be fast. I have been trying to convince him that a cheap EF or EG civic with descent paint is easy to find and a good swap with a lot of power is easy and cheap to do while still staying in the spending limit. PPPLEASE!! I will be showing this to him, so jot down some ideas on what he can do that are within his specs. Save my friend from buying GM!!!
Give me some ideas on what kind of car, swap, how much, and how fast he can go. It will be GREATLY appreciated.
Remember:
Speed
Looks
under 7 G's
Little/inexpensive maintenance
Thanks guys! I bow to the swap gods! :worthy:

uh, save yourself from ricer hell.

if he wants a fast car, go domestic...its as easy as that. a honda can be nice, but not very fast for cheap. a hatch wouldn't be fast.

why dont he get the V6 motor swap for his Probe?? he could have it in his car and probably turbo charge it with the $7k hes got...

thanks dick. Your ruining it. BTW, it was a V6. With Nitrous. It was still slow as hell.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 6 2003, 04:50 PM
uh, save yourself from ricer hell.

if he wants a fast car, go domestic...its as easy as that. a honda can be nice, but not very fast for cheap. a hatch wouldn't be fast.

someone needs to make a smilie similar to the fucktard ricer one but having it say fucktard domestic lover instead. and a hatch can be fast for $7 g's. i don't think you can get a SVT Cobra for $7,000 and i wouldn't want a shitty ass GT or some old IROC Z or any other old crap like that.

Hatch - $1,500-$3,000
B18C1 - $2,000-$3,000
Paint Job - $200-$2000

$7000 with a Civic chassis and a swap will probably still be only as fast (maybe) as a domestic V8, and it'll take a lot more work. I think an engine swap qualifies as something outside of:

Originally posted by You@Whenever
He does not want to do a lot of work on it

Right?

tell him to get a SS camaro. or trans am. i am seriously gonna buy one someday. i love my honda but its not meant for all o ut balls to the wall, it handles very well. when i want to get sucked into my seat i will take out my v8 BEAST.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jun 6 2003, 02:06 PM

someone needs to make a smilie similar to the fucktard ricer one but having it say fucktard domestic lover instead

STFU!!!
you're :ghey: for even coming up with the idea. i think you get the "Fucktard of the Year" award. Why would you say something like that, Is it cuz you're jealous? Is it cuz mommy and daddy won't buy you a domestic no matter how much you begged them?
The point is, a lot of people on here have domestics as second cars, and I'm one of them. Does it matter if someone likes domestics or imports? It would only matter to a closed-minded dumbfuk hick. If you don't like domestics then don't buy them but don't bash on them.

Getting back to the thread, if he had a Probe GT( i know it's a V6) on nitrous and it wasn't fast enough for him he needs to open his mouth and let someone kick him in the teeth. And for $7K he's not gonna be able to get much. Yes, he can have a hatch with a swap but as Calesta pointed out a swap takes a lot of work which is something your friend doesn't want to do. If he wants a faster car with good body/paint then his choices are very limited cuz it's gonna be tough finding that combination without doing a lot of work or raising his budget.

fdc4e250.gif

Not to be a dick Trinity, but if you read his post you would see that he only has 7g's. An SS Slo-maro is a little more than 7 grand. Although a great car. I used to own a '86 Trans Am. You really can't beat the f-bodies for cheap V8 speed. Only problem is the never ending money pit they are. I spent about 10 grand on my Trans Am and sold it for $3500. (That's what happens when a 16 year old gets a 300 HP V8!)
For 7 grand you could make a REALLY fast Honda. Primered. Stock steelies. No suspension. :D
No offence RFHOMI2U, but none of us give a fuck whether your friend buys a honda or not. He obviously doesn't know shit or he would have NEVER bought a Ford. Probe at that! And put Naaaawws on it. Whoop-de-fuckin-do. And I am guessing that he sold his "show car" for 7 grand. It must have been sweet.
Don't expect the people on this board to hop on the bandwagon and tell everyone in the world to buy a Honda, 'cause they won't. You can't fuck with domestics for cheap speed. People buy cars for their own reasons and I'm sure your friend is going to listen to a bunch of computer nerds who he doesn't know. Riiiiight.
Sorry but I'm watching the clock and getting mad... It's Friday after all and I'm just :rant:

good stuff E. how long have you had that picture sitting around? i bet you've been waiting around a long time to be able to finally use it. :p

ive got a whole big ass archive of pics in the waiting.... about the same size as AFI's stash ... i just dont pimp them out quite as much :)

7g's

s-10 = 2500 bucks (94 and up)
ls1/auto swap = 2500 bucks
install if done yourself with parts = 1000

so 6g's and running high/mid 12's, stock.

I've been away from hondaswap for a while and this post just reminded me why I don't post on here. I'm sorry, but I wasn't bashing on domestics and I wasn't asking you guys to convince him to buy a honda, I was just trying to see if I could get some ideas for him on what he could do with one. he's actually thinking of getting one. I kinda figured you guys could come up with some interesting combinations of car/engine/etc... But I guess I was wrong for asking for a descent thread without getting myself bashed. Sorry. :thumbsdown:

I remember your friend now, he came on here talking shit a while back about how bad his soon to be turbo v6 probe w/ a big kit and a paint job was going to be.

Tell him to buy a old ass vega station wagon w/ good paint job, drop a built ls1 or something and yeah run some 10's.

poor word choice then

"Save My Best Friend From Gm Hell!, HELP!!! Convince my friend to go Honda!!"

doesnt sound at all like

"my friend is getting a honda what are some ideas to make it faster"

infact the question what can he do with it isnt even a good question
there are too many different directions you can go in (daily driver, drag car, autoX car, road course car, show car, winter beater, etc...)

so is he thinking of getting one or are you trying to convince him to get one????

and just for the record hondas are good fun all around cars but there are far better cars out there for specific applications

This just in : Hondas are not fast! I am tired of people thinking they are the best cars in the world. Probes are gay, but not as gay as this thread with an oxymoron title.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Jun 6 2003, 05:26 PM-->
@Jun 6 2003, 02:06 PM

someone needs to make a smilie similar to the fucktard ricer one but having it say fucktard domestic lover instead

STFU!!!
you're :ghey: for even coming up with the idea. i think you get the "Fucktard of the Year" award. Why would you say something like that, Is it cuz you're jealous? Is it cuz mommy and daddy won't buy you a domestic no matter how much you begged them?

fuck you. hondas aren't my favorite shit in the world anyways but its something to play with for now. i wouldn't mind getting a cobra so suck my dick, i don't care if your other car is a domestic. i was just responding to that one guy who was saying save him from hondas or whatever. i don't mind domestics as long as the drivers aren't cocky assholes who just trash imports (which is hard to find). im more of a exspensive euro sports car guy myself but theres still that sound and feeling of VTEC. i would talk a lot more but im lazy and at work trying to leave so my point was fuck you i didn't mean it that way dickhead

btw - you should win anal gremlin of the year award for tryin to crawl far up my ass talkin shit. i think you're the only one who i've talked shit to on here and who has talked shit to me. squash it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back