Scanner

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thiebert

I bought a scanner and it appears it has three wires ground, power and a wire that seems to be the on switch when you connect it to ground. my alarm pulsates the power for the led and that wont work for the scanner. anybody know how i am supposed to do this. thanx

uh...what is it?

I don't understand.

So it's an LED device that blinks when your car is armed... ok, what's the point of this?

I'm a little buzzed, but I really can't understand what it is.

Picture Knight Rider...

And I assume you mean a varad LED Scanner... You hook up 1 wire to power, 1 wire to ground, and 1 wire to the LED Output of your alarm.

The Varad's require a little more power than the alarm outputs, as the alarm is only meant to power 1 LED, not 8... Hence the reason for the main power wire.

and here i was expectiong this to be about a police radio frequency scanner :cry:

my bad should have explained it better i guess. i see so many people with them i guess i just assumed that it would be common knowledge. sorry. and thanx for the help.

I thought you ment cop scanner. I was like wtf wires?? LED scanners look nice. I have one right above my rear view mirror. It looks tight. Hope that works out for ya.

you can use the same wire for the scanner as you use for the flashing LED. the power doesnt pulsate, the LED does.

when i use the power wire for my Led on the alarm the varad scanner just pulsates the two outsid lites. when i connect it directly to the battery it runs through the full cycles like it should. Thats why i think the power from my alarm Led is pulsing. So now i dont know how to hook this thing up?

Three wires, power(red), ground(black), and remote(yellow).

Connect the red and black wires, and connect your yellow wire to your alarm units "+" signal wire when armed (one of your alarms accsories wires). The alarm unit should have two wires for acc when armed, you have a "-" and "+" wire for accsories only when the unit arms. So find this wire and you're set.

You would need the wiring diagram for the alarm unit to find this wire easier.

I have one of these too, so hope this helps you out.

Back