scary tranny sounds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

My tranny has kind of been acting up lately and tonight it stated making some strange sounds. A couple days ago after some highway driving, it didn't want to go into fifth, and then it wouldn't go into first, but after a few tries it would. The next day I was driving and everything seemed fine until it popped out of third gear, but it hasn't done it since. Tonight I noticed sounds of gears grinding on eachother while I was driving, but when I put the clutch in they stop. Even when the car is in neutral, if the clutch was not in, I could hear grinding sounds. I'm scared to ask, but are these signs of the tranny failing? I've only driven on this thing for like 2,000 miles, and when I bought it, it had 90,000 or something. thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
My tranny has kind of been acting up lately and tonight it stated making some strange sounds. A couple days ago after some highway driving, it didn't want to go into fifth, and then it wouldn't go into first, but after a few tries it would. The next day I was driving and everything seemed fine until it popped out of third gear, but it hasn't done it since. Tonight I noticed sounds of gears grinding on eachother while I was driving, but when I put the clutch in they stop. Even when the car is in neutral, if the clutch was not in, I could hear grinding sounds. I'm scared to ask, but are these signs of the tranny failing? I've only driven on this thing for like 2,000 miles, and when I bought it, it had 90,000 or something. thanks

did you check your tranny fluid? mine popped out of fifth consistantly but I changed the fluid and it stopped, had about as many miles and was super low on fluid

Yeah, I'm gonna get that changed tomorrow it's just so damn expensive. Could that cause all these problems? I really don't want to have to change trannys.

Back