scca race help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RDY2RACMY

i have a 2000 civic hatch and am tring to find a set of 13" rims to use for race... will 13"s fit on my car? or will i have to go bigger?^_^

I run 16"s with low~ish pro tires on my 2000 ex coupe, which give me about the same overall size as the stockers. You dont want to go to big or your lose out on acceleration and cornering ability. Too small u lose top end. for auto-x or circuit track, low pros are practicly a must.

^^ Please ignore him, he's obviously never actually competed in an SCCA event.

What size stock rims came on your car? I'm guessing they were 14's. I have a feeling that nothing smaller than 14 will fit over your brakes. Realize that based on what class you're running, changing wheel size could bump you to a harder class. If you're in a stock class, stick with something that is stock size. Some rims that come in small sizes to look at:

Civic HX wheels (14")
SSR Comps (don't know if they come as small as 14", I know they come in 15's)
Enkei RPF1's (maybe only in 15's too)

I assume you're going to be running r-comps if you're looking for wheels that small? Unfortunately small wheels are becoming pretty rare, everyone wants bling bling big rims (worthless waste of unsprung weight).

edit - found this website with really small rims, I don't know a whole lot about the quality though. If you want good info for SCCA racing you should go to sccaforums.com.

http://www.superlite-wheels.com/

Last edited:
the real question is what class are you in?

going to anything besides stock will most likely bump you

Back