Scientists find planet with THREE suns

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've always liked astronomy but I never persude in it lol! I think it would be awesome to see three suns but think how hot the flippin planet would be!

It'll be just like Dragon Ball, wut that planets name??? Namic I think, it has like 3 suns too. Would kinda suck tho, having no nights and only days....

Originally posted by noobvang@Jul 14 2005, 09:37 PM
It'll be just like Dragon Ball, wut that planets name??? Namic I think, it has like 3 suns too. Would kinda suck tho, having no nights and only days....
[post=526397]Quoted post[/post]​

Namek. :)

Very cool. Screw theories on planet formation- the 3 star system was probably two or more solar systems that collided.

They say "Tattooine like" but then go on to say that it's a gas giant. Yay, 3 successful stars and one failed one.

But it's in Cygnus, which isn't that far away. The light given from the suns won't give a solar panel anything extra (Except for the amount of daytime that MAY be observed). What you need to look at is how much gamma and x-ray is being emitted there.

Finding a planet with multiple suns is quite tough - Unless it's an unstable gas giant. Imagine how often it's Aort Cloud showers shit down in that star system - The meteor impacts alone would stop life from evolving.

But yeah, Neat. We'll only see multiple suns from the bridge of a starship. And if that starship should be called the "USS Celerity" then my plan will have worked :)

-> Steve

Back