1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scooter; right section? Ruckus motor swap suggestions

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by K2e2vin, Apr 10, 2009.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Alright, I may end up trading my 92 Accord for a 03 Honda Ruckus. The top speed on that thing is about 37mph; kind of slow for me. I've heard the GY6 swap is probably the easiest but are there any other motors that would easily swap in and add a little more pep? I am honestly looking for a 250cc option like the Big Ruckus. 250cc oil-injected two stroke...even better.

I don't care about being able to speed because I have the option of taking a 45mph road to work(other way would be highway); but something that can do 45mph uphill would be nice. If there's a swap that would get it to around 70mph, then I'll probably register it for highway use and just take the highway to work.

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

I don't know anything about these bikes but maybe a Ninja 250 swap could be worked in?
    From what I understand the ruckus has more of a motor right in front of the rear tire setup.

I'd stay away from oil injected 2 stroke, for the reliability issues.
    but thats just me

3. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

Bump for you, I subscribed last night. I also don't know jack about the Ruckus, but I am interested in them. It would be fun to ride around my suburban town if it was decently faster than a moped, but still doesn't need to be motorcycle speeds, ya know. Like your describing K2e2vin.

Passwordjdm has parts for other motors, like frame extensions, maybe you can use that for a basis on what to swap.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted