Scooter; right section? Ruckus motor swap suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Alright, I may end up trading my 92 Accord for a 03 Honda Ruckus. The top speed on that thing is about 37mph; kind of slow for me. I've heard the GY6 swap is probably the easiest but are there any other motors that would easily swap in and add a little more pep? I am honestly looking for a 250cc option like the Big Ruckus. 250cc oil-injected two stroke...even better.

I don't care about being able to speed because I have the option of taking a 45mph road to work(other way would be highway); but something that can do 45mph uphill would be nice. If there's a swap that would get it to around 70mph, then I'll probably register it for highway use and just take the highway to work.

I don't know anything about these bikes but maybe a Ninja 250 swap could be worked in?
From what I understand the ruckus has more of a motor right in front of the rear tire setup.

I'd stay away from oil injected 2 stroke, for the reliability issues.
but thats just me

Bump for you, I subscribed last night. I also don't know jack about the Ruckus, but I am interested in them. It would be fun to ride around my suburban town if it was decently faster than a moped, but still doesn't need to be motorcycle speeds, ya know. Like your describing K2e2vin.

Passwordjdm has parts for other motors, like frame extensions, maybe you can use that for a basis on what to swap.

Back