Scrapping network phone cables

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Here at my office we have hundreds of pounds worth of cat5 and phone cables. i'm looking to get rid of them, hopefully with a ROI for the company. i can't seem to find any places that would take this cable except in extreme bulk. do any of you guys work with recyclers at your companies, who would have any idea who i can get in touch with either locally or not to move this stuff out of here?

TIA!

I usually take mine to one of two local recycling companies. Last I knew it was around 45-55 cents a pound for copper wire (since most of the bulk is the plastic sheething). I don't know where you could take it locally, but if it was worth the cost of shipping it here I could take it in. lol

Edit: How many of the line cords are still good? You could sell them on ebay if you wanted to, make some patch cords out of network cable and sell those as well.

i would say they are ALL still good. no point in making patch cables when you can get foot increments, in bulk, for pennies on the dollar from zones.

I dunno then. I would still make different lengths and sell them since RJ45s are cheap.

CAT5 is more insulator than wire. I would think thats why they wont take it. Unless they gave you a different reason?

Back