screw gas! make your car wood-powered...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its kinda devancing the advancement - kinda like steam engine boats - in car form !

he probably uses the wood fire to boil water, turning a turbine, and using electricity to generate Hydrogen by electrolosys.

wtf? wood is just as bad as oil...it gives off tons of bad emissions...plus its sure not helping the environment to cut down all those trees. The whole idea of hydrogen power is pretty stupid from an environmental standpoint because to create the hydrogen you need to use fossil fuels, whether it is fuel burned for electricity for hydrolysis or fuel burned directly like this guy is doing.

Or you create nuclear power. It's the only way fuel cells are a viable means to reduce consumption of other resources.

neo con/hippie/etc. - "But that'll kill us and make us all rampaging mutants!?!?"
me- "No, its pretty safe already, and if you stopped voting for morons, we would probably have more money to spend on the safety and infrastructure"
loser - "oh"

:werd: Nuclear power is the way to go. Its 100% safe and we have almost unliminted fuel. Currently, we have eough excess uranium already mined that we could power the US (at its current pop) for 300 yeras.

Hell, more radioactivity is released into the environment by coal plants than by nuclear plants anyway.

The main problem with nuclear power is that we have no good place to put the used fuels which ARE dangerous to our groundwater supply, etc. and need to be carefully monitored. We have enough trouble finding a place for all of our non-toxic waste.

<---------taking year-long Global Environment class

not all electricity is created by burning fossil fuels. theres wind, water, nuclear and solar, and probably more that are just as clean to the enviroment.

i dont see how they cant make fuel say out of corn or something like that. i mean hell you can make drinking alcohol from it (illegally might I add) so why not fuel?

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Apr 28 2005, 11:08 PM
i dont see how they cant make fuel say out of corn or something like that. i mean hell you can make drinking alcohol from it (illegally might I add) so why not fuel?
[post=492841]Quoted post[/post]​

There are already cars out there that run on corn oil. (That's the stuff fast food places like wendy's and arby's use to deep fry the fries/side orders.)

It's been done, and it's cheap with almost no pollutants at all. But I don't think I'd want to smell burnt corn oil all damn day.

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Apr 28 2005, 11:08 PM
[post=492841]Quoted post[/post]​

Corn is used to make ethanol which is in most parts of the country it is a 10% blend of pump gas.

Back