Screw You ATT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

ive always had att and they were my first broadband service providers (9+ years). however, their recent changes to policies and bureaucracy has seriously pissed me off and convinced me to switch providers soon.

1) 150GB/mo. cap, violate twice you're booted.

i found this to be much too little for 6 heavy users. we do loads of gaming and streaming, especially with netflix now. cant upgrade because they dont have uverse, so im stuck with 3.0Mb down plus caps.

2) No longer investing DSL infrastructure.

ive been experiencing halving of the interwebz, but couldnt figure it. after months of trouble shooting (since May and incidently when they introduced the bandwidth caps) i found that they are over selling their DSL. ive spoken to many friends and families and they are experinecing the same thing. During peak hours, M-F 4pm-12am, everyone from redding to sacramento (basically nor.cal) on the same backbone experiences halving or more of their download speeds.

a search on dslreports confirms that most of att's dsl infatracture (at least att west) are reaching 90-95% percent traffic saturation and people are getting banged on their speeds. direct reps from att even confirmed this and said they are phasing out DSL and focusing on uverse. they are overselling by pricing 3.0Mb DSL for $15/mo. even though they can barely even support it.

so this leaves me with 3 choices.
a) switch to another server - heard RedBack is the only one not f**ked, but it will get saturated as well.
b) wait for Uverse - may never come to my little village of a town
c) switch to charter - pay lots more and get to by buy a modem or rent one. going to go this route even though ill be paying double/mo. at least ill get double the speed and hopefully better connection.

so there you have it. if youre considering att dsl, DONT. i would only ever consider them again if Uverse is ever available, and even then this episodic event has left a bad taste in my mouth.

LOL, been waiting for over 30 min. and still on queue with tech support. im waiting for someone to help switch me to RedBack so i can get some decent speeds until my contract expires.

seriously, att can get bent.

Yeah, U-Verse blows too. If your internet is down you can't watch tv either since it all comes through the router. AT&T can suck my balls. I switched to Comcast and never looked back...

im not sure how comcast works, but charter cable's all-in-one packages are like that too. when one service is down, everything is since the service is supplied via the cable lines and controlled through a box that splits the signals from voice, internet and tv.

i have direct tv (pretty good where i live, havent had a problem with it with the 2 yrs ive been with them) and att for landline. however, i rarely ever use the landline and its mostly for calls where i cant afford to get disconnected. i just dont like the idea of having 1 thing that goes down and everything else does too.

but yeah, im done with att.

comcast is limited to 250gb which i've gone over every month since they've started it and have never been shut off or yelled at for doing so. so who knows.

There is no freedom any more. the ISPs are becoming like cell phone companies. over priced, underperformed, rediculous equpiment charges, and 12344234342323 rules.

DONT TREAD ON MY LINES! lol

I have brighthouse/roadrunner... no caps here..

yeah comcast is a softcap, but ive read they throttle and traffic shape once you reach 250GB? i rather have that than have them fine you $50 per 50GB over, rounded up.

my gf's sister has comcast and the speed is unstable, but at least its consistently fast and within +/-2Mb of their 10Mb service. thats livable verse maxing out at 3.0Mb and getting that halved everyday from 5pm-12am.

300hp to 150hp is very noticeable, but 1000hp to 800hp probably isnt, lol. at least thats my analogy.

oh yeah luckily me. i happen to have tmobile and i cant wait to have att take over and impose caps on my unlimited data plan. better yet, i cant wait for them to tell me to eat it and buy a new phone and plan because tmobile phones are compatible with their service.

you'll be grandfathered in on the unlimited data package if you keep service

Back