Seahawks Upset the Saints!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kickers should be like prize fighters. if they hit a game winning kick, they should get a HUGE "knockout" bonus. and it should be tiered too....

20-30 yard game winner=$1,000,000 bonus
30-40 $2,000,000
40+ $5,000,000

the fact that most kickers get about $400k is bullshit.

I'm sure kickers would be free to try and work incentive clauses into their contracts regarding game winning kicks. I would say it would be reasonable during the playoffs, but not necessarily in the regular season, and I think your numbers may be just a tad out of whack.

Hate to break it to you but the fucking Pats are winning it all this year. I hate the fucking Pats i hope Tom Brady get's bitten by 100 Recluse Spiders and he just detoriorates on the field into a pile of bloody bones...But the truth is, he is having an epic season.

I'm just PO'd cause the Giant at 10-6 didn't get in. They should send their kicker to prison with a bottle of KY and no clothes on and toss him in the shower with his arms tied behind his back for kicking that ball to Desmond during that Eagles game.

too much?
The Bucs didn't get in at 10-6 either. And their last two wins were against the Saints and Seahawks.

kickers should be like prize fighters. if they hit a game winning kick, they should get a HUGE "knockout" bonus. and it should be tiered too....

20-30 yard game winner=$1,000,000 bonus
30-40 $2,000,000
40+ $5,000,000

the fact that most kickers get about $400k is bullshit.

At the same time they don't make as much, their careers tend to last two to four times longer than any other NFL position either. I'd rather make 400k/yr over a 20+ year career than 1 million/yr over a 7 year career and have had several surgeries to stay healthy.

too blame the entire season....16 games....960 minutes of field time....on one poorly covered punt to a phenomenal athelete is inexcusable. There were 6 games that could have had a better outcome, you can't blame it on a ROOKIE punter that the Giants didn't make the playoffs.

when the coach tells you NOT to kick the ball to return guy and you DO kick it to the return guy, yes you can blame the kicker. He didn't follow instructions. Had he simply kicked it out of bounce it most likely would have resulted in the giants being 11-5 andnot having to worry about the outcome of another game.

Indeed they could have won 1 of the other 6 games to eliminate that factor but guess what, that wasn't relivent because they lost those 6 games.

At the same time they don't make as much, their careers tend to last two to four times longer than any other NFL position either. I'd rather make 400k/yr over a 20+ year career than 1 million/yr over a 7 year career and have had several surgeries to stay healthy.
kickers careers last that long, but not many actual players do. there have a been a few that skew the averages, but if you are in the league 10 years as a kicker, you are doing well. normally someone better comes along and you lose your job.

when the coach tells you NOT to kick the ball to return guy and you DO kick it to the return guy, yes you can blame the kicker. He didn't follow instructions. Had he simply kicked it out of bounce it most likely would have resulted in the giants being 11-5 andnot having to worry about the outcome of another game.

Indeed they could have won 1 of the other 6 games to eliminate that factor but guess what, that wasn't relivent because they lost those 6 games.
too many factors go into this. did the coach actually tell him to kick out of bounds? was it a good snap? did he try to kick out of bounds and it was a bad kick?

i still the "if it wasn't for the punter, we would be in the playoffs" is wrong. if it wasn't for the 11 guys on punt coverage. if the offense got 1 more first down. if they didn't give up the other 21 points leading to the punt return. if if if....

too many factors go into this. did the coach actually tell him to kick out of bounds? was it a good snap? did he try to kick out of bounds and it was a bad kick?

i still the "if it wasn't for the punter, we would be in the playoffs" is wrong. if it wasn't for the 11 guys on punt coverage. if the offense got 1 more first down. if they didn't give up the other 21 points leading to the punt return. if if if....
I watched the game. It was a bad kick no matter the instructions. It was a line drive and gave the coverage team no time to get down the field. But I still agree with you. He made a mistake, but the entire game/season wasn't his fault.

Back