seat recovering/painting rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90siTuner

how much does it usually cost to recover seats in leather jus two fronts (even tho i hate leather) and actually what other ish could i get seats recovered in with the exception of suede and gucci patterns. i was thinkin of neoprene breathable smooth and waterproof? any suggestion are appreciated. and feel free to call my idea crap as long as you have a reason.

part 2. painting rims any tips and/or suggestions

wait do you have the si seats with SI stitched into them. my buddy has been looking to buy those forever

i wish. i dont have a civic anymore. i have a teg (almost) and have some spare seats i was gonna do up. sorry to get your hopes up or... his

Quoted post[/post]]
with rims the only proper way is a good stripping/blasing then either powder coat or spray with endura paint

That what i figured but i wanted to double check before i ended up with crap. these aregonna be my winter rims so about how often am i gona have to repaint them if i use the endura paint?

and i've checked out katzkin but i didnt know anyone that had em and some of the pics on the site looked kinda saggy. Have you used em or know someone who has?

you can use lots of materials to re-cover your seats. I have saw Neoprene used before, and if done correctly, looked good, but I'm not sure on durability. I would suggest a tweed, or some other thick heavyweight material, that can stand up to some abuse. Ihave the vinyl, that looks like leather in my truck, and it's coming apart after 2 years of use. I've seen tweed last as long as 10 years or more.

i see.... :dry:

im looking for all around performance. ideally i want waterproof and stain resistant with a somewhat decent feel

Quoted post[/post]]
and i've checked out katzkin but i didnt know anyone that had em and some of the pics on the site looked kinda saggy. Have you used em or know someone who has?

Nope, sorry. I've only seen pictures. I do know a place in Houston called "Stitches" that did a great job on some of my stuff before though.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Nope, sorry. I've only seen pictures. I do know a place in Houston called "Stitches" that did a great job on some of my stuff before though.

houston is a lil far from CT

Nah, just a 2 hour drive. :)

If you want pro looking seats though, take them to a pro.

Back