Secondaries

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When are the secondaries supppose to open, and what controls the vaccum to keep them closed. I have figured out that my secondaries are staying open ALL THE TIME when i took apart my throtle body and intake manifold today. So how do i correct this? I have a 1990 prelude 2.0 Si.

Thanx guy/gals

yes, and there should be a solenoid on the side of the intake manifold with a couple wires and a vucuum source as well. if the 2.0 si has iab's, thats news to me....
i thought the gsr and some h22s had them, and that was it....

Ill take a pic and post it up. There is a Vaccum solenoid on the driver side of the car, next to the IM. But when i start the car, it doesnt close. It stays open all the time. What controls this? The vaccum line connected to it runs from the solenoid to the "control box" (with all the vacuum lines connected to it) where it is attached to SOMETHING, that has wires commin out of it. When is it suppose to open and close?

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Oct 15 2003, 04:09 PM
Ill take a pic and post it up. There is a Vaccum solenoid on the driver side of the car, next to the IM. But when i start the car, it doesnt close. It stays open all the time. What controls this? The vaccum line connected to it runs from the solenoid to the "control box" (with all the vacuum lines connected to it) where it is attached to SOMETHING, that has wires commin out of it. When is it suppose to open and close?

can someone reply to this?

s3f917c8238287.jpg

This is the bottom of the thing-a-ma-bob

s3f917c9246ce2.jpg

Heres a side view

s3f917ca2ef431.jpg

This veiw shows where it sits in the "control box"

s3f917cb5be6f4.jpg

The blue circle shows the little solenoid/valve that the little thing-a-ma-bob is suppose to control. This controls te secondaries. The blue circle shows the vacuum lines, and the redline.. is a vaccum hose that i was re routing (dont mind that).

So when are the secondaries suppose to open and close?!?! i need help. \

Since ive replaced some of the vaccum lines, my car seems to have a idle that jumps around from 950 to 1000 RPM. im getting frustrated.

Well, obvioiusly, we're not going to be of help with this because we've never heard of this. Call a Honda dealer and ask to speak to the service manager... he should be able to answer your questions. If not, RTFM, man... I hate to keep pounding away at this, but if people would just RTFM, most of their problems would be solved.

whats RTFM??

Sorry if i seem impatient. But i need to get this smog done by the end of this month, and with these problems, i will not be able to pass smog. I need all the help i can get.

A buddy of mine drives a 3rd-gen Lude. He's got secondaries on his intake mani as well....

Back