1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seized up civic gsr-turbo :*(

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by lovernutted, Jan 29, 2009.

1. lovernutted

lovernutted New Member

Ok im a goof, I was driving my civic b18c1 turbo engine around with no oil! lol I got wut I deserved for not paying attention to my RED THUNDER! now its sitting in the back waiting to be rebuilt. I'm getting my income tax n dont now if i should rebuild it or go with a totally new motor! does any body know more or less how much would it cost to do a rebuild?

2. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

What are you building it for? If you are going to just replace parts with OEM replacement stuff it will cost you a lot less than rebuilding it with aftermarket stuff. Are you building it for boost, or are you just going to make it a stock rebuild?

You need to figure out what you are going to do before you decided which direction to head in.

3. iJDM

iJDM New Member

My friend blew his Ls/VTEC and it was around $3000. It all depends on what interally needs to be done.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

it most likey just needs a new block, pistons, rings.. shouldnt be too expensive to rebuild

5. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

might be cheaper to just get a whole long block.

6. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

If the block is still in good shape you could rebuild it with some forged parts. You can get a deal on eagle rods, srp pistions, and rings for around $700. I paid $250 for machine work and another $500 on bearings, seals, and pumps. So a forged bottom end can be assembled for a reasonable cost. You could also have the head gone through for pretty cheap as well. This is all figuring that your block, crank, and head have not been severely damaged from oil starvation. I would go this route because you will have a FRESH motor that is built to handle the extra horsepower you are throwing at it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted