selling my tranny but cant get it off the motor...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

ok i sold the tranny too this guy and now i cant get the tranny off the motor to give to the guy so heres what i have done to try and get it off: took off 5 bolts seem to be the main ones holding it in(it took a 17mm socket to get them off). theres 4 on the front of the tranny then one on the back side coming from the block then bolting to the tranny so am i missing any bolts? or do i just need to put some serious F*&$#ing weight/pressure on it to budge it apart? please let me know if you have any ideas or past experiences thnx

oh and just thought this would help the motor is a D15b6(89' crx HF motor) and matching tranny so please let me know if you have had this problem and know what to do thnx again ahead of time , peace -mike :worthy:

Did you take off the starter? There is a bolt there too.

once you get all the bolts out (try buying a Haynes manual for help) take a large screwdriver, pry bar, etc & from the bottom of the tranny where you can see the flywheel, try to pry it apart. I had to drive a chisel between the block & the case the first time I took the tranny out of my Civic w/ 210K miles. I would NOT recommend that!

Originally posted by thegreat1310@Nov 2 2003, 11:55 PM
read a book i dont think anybody here can help you i really never got any help

ypur questions were probably vague.
and yes, check out the starter.

There is a bracket on the front (dipstick) side of the engine that connects the skirt of the block (by the oil pan) to the transmission. There is one bolt going to the tranny, and you will need a 14mm socket to get it out. There is also a small steel strap that has a 12mm bolt connecting the tranny on the backside. Remove both of them and the tranny should be free.

double check all the bolts and support bars,
and then, use a screw driver to pry it off. it sits on feet

---|
= |
---|

kinda like that... lol so you gotta pull if off the block

B series trannies have 10? bolts. When I took off mine there were about 5 in the front including the starter, the rear mount needs to come off, theres one above that, also the flywheel cover needs to come off. It wasn't that hard. I'll check later and see how many bolts are on the d series

Theres a couple of other things other then the 17mm bolts that come off that needs to come off. The flywheel cover plates need to come off thats 10mm bolts. Theres the brackets that are mounted with some 17mm bolts that need to come off. Your rear motor mounts bolts need to come off. Then ur slave cylinder needs to be take off the tranny. Umm..a couple of other stuff too..but those are the main things that need to come off. If u never taken the tranny off before it might take a few mins to take it off..pry it carefully with a large screwdriver.

Back