Selling Stuff On Ebay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

So Ive decided to try and get rid of some stuff and I read the brief tutorial on the site, but nothing really specific.

Anyway, I was wondering what eBay charges besides the 2.9% from PayPal. Also, usually I wait for PayPal to clear and then send the item, right?

How does reserves work? If it doesn't meet my price, it doesn't sell, so I still get charged for putting it up?

Last question, how do I make it so the buyers can calculate their own shipping with USPS?

Thanks a lot guys. :worthy:

P.S. If you say Google, I will pee in your mouth. I figured there has to be some people here who has direct experience instead of me reading possible B.S. posting on different sites.

ebay charges a listing fee (goes off your starting list price by a percent) so it encourages you to list it for cheaper.

then, they take a percentage of the sale price.

reserve is another percentage to add... which is why you find a lot of no reserve auctions.

if it doesn't sell, you still get charged listing fees + reserve fees, but no sale fees. i think you get a free re-list though.

then paypal will take 30 cents + 2.9%.

i'd set a flat rate shipping, and tack on a couple bucks.

higher shipping = lower sell price = less fees.

but you can only take that so far.

and google it mofo. :p

thanks B. apperciate the very good info.

p.s. golden showers for you.

its best if you use a shipping service with option to NOT display the ship price, like stamps.com

i do tons of buying and selling on ebay. i add on enough shipping fees to make all my auctions free.

Back