Serious Problem!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boost101

I have a 94 Civic Hatchback Si with a B16 and I am running a stock P30. I pulled the motor and rebuilt the engine. I also replaced the engine harness due to the past owners lack of wiring skills. Well when I put the motor back in and went to start it up and as soon as I turned the key on I got a check engine light for the primary heated O2. The car cranked fine but idled funny and when I tried to rev it up it acted like it was choking out and died. I got a new O2 and still had the same problem. Well the dash harness was in pretty bad shape too so I replaced that next. I also put my ecu in my other car to see if I got the same light and it worked fine in my other car so I know the ecu is good. So after replacing the engine harness, O2 sensor, and dash harness I should have eliminated all possible problems (bad wiring or bad O2). I am still getting the same light and the engine still dies when I try and rev it up. If anyone has any input on this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

The wiring could be messed up somewhere. I would just run new wiring directly from the ecu to the o2 sensor. This will be very easy if you have the ecu pinout for your ecu. Im sure the sensor is fine, the wiring is got to be dicked up somewhere.

Well when I run the wires straight to the ecu will there be any kind of special wire that I will have to use like shielded or anything like that.

I like to take wire from extra honda engine harness that I have laying around. If you do not have that option take a little sample of the factory wire up to radio shack and have them hook you up with some wire that is the same gauge and type.

Do I cut the wires that are already pinned in the ecu or do I just tap into them?

I would cut them. Leave yourself at least a few inches of wire from the ecu so you have something to work with. Then solder the new wire on the end and run it to the sensor.

The o2 would like to use a sheilded cable. Check out www.cableorganizer.com for conductive sleeving. Just make sure you ground the sleeve. They also have a lot of other sheathing you might like (I just did my wire tuck with mostly their products only; PET, Bently-Harris Roundit, etc).

Back