Shark Recipe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Cooking shark tonight. Grilling, actually. Anyone know any good recipes?? If not, I'm just going to treat it like swordfish.

Yes, actually. I know how to cook shark !

Sharks pee out their skin. Peel the skin before cooking, because the taste is locked into the skin. That's important.

You'll want to use foil, wrap it and then cook it. Take it to 275 degrees (Gas, or 250 electric) for 10 minutes per inch thick (Just like the swordfish).

Then, open the foil, and apply your fish cooking techniques. It cooks best without butter (Gets rubbery) and lemon. Do all that after it's cooked.

Lemme know how it turns out ! Also, there are recipes out there, and Mako has a difference if it's been stored, or if it's fresh. I can't remember off hand what the difference was.

I think this is what I'm going to do tonight: found it online. Sounds really good.

Ingredients:
8 Shark steaks, 1-inch thick
1/3 cup Lime juice
1 teaspoon Lime rind, grated
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1 teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
1 tablespoon Liquid honey, or maple syrup

Directions:

Rinse shark in cold water and pat dry.

In a large bowl combine lime juice and rind, garlic, ginger, vegetable oil, pepper and honey. Add shark, stirring to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 1 hour, turning shark occasionally. Drain shark, reserving marinade.

Grill shark steaks 4-inches from medium-hot coals on a barbecue, or broil in oven on a medium-high setting, brushing with reserved marinade, for 5 to 6 minutes per side.

mmmmmm that sounds really good. I could go for some tasty fish right now...but alas I'm a poor ass college student and can't afford good food :cry:

You didn't marinate it, did you ?

Was potent wasn't it :)

I'm jealous.

I like alligator though, but I guess thats not too far fetched.

I wonder if I can find any good shark up here in the NW, as I've never had it before.

I dunno about shark, but during the salmon run I usually go and catch one with a friend. Lasts me awhile.

Back