Shift Linkage/Shifter in EK?!!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airbag Club

Hi, I recently did a b-series swap into my EK. I bought a shift linkage from a shop, and the lower linkage had been replaced with an LS linkage, as the original one was bent. The upper linkage and shifter are from an ITR. Now, I’ve read all over the place that all b-series shift linkages are the same, and I was wondering if this is how the shifter is supposed to sit in EK’s. I always thought that they sit straight up, but mine looks like it really leans forward. Any help or suggestions?? Sorry, I’m a newbie when it comes to swaps, this is my first one!!

ddovoh.jpg

It looks like you may have the shifter backwards, but who knows, we can tell once u show us the whole thing as has been previously stated.

the shifter isn't on backwards. it is a dual bend, and the shifter starts forward, then bends back, yet it is angled forwards... i'll try to get pictures of it without the console on.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 10 2005, 11:15 AM
Looks backwards. Is it in gear?
[post=552351]Quoted post[/post]​

nope, it is not in gear... sorry i haven't gotten around to taking off the center console panel..

well, thanks for the help guys.. i swapped linkages out for a full gsr linkage, and it now sits straight. the only thing is that it now sits further back, almost towards the very back of my shifting area. the shift boot is stretched a little in 2nd, 4th and reverse...

Back