Shift Linkage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok, my problem is the shift linkage doesnt want to come out of the tanny, i popped the clip holder off and punched out the pin, and it still doesnt want to come out. I can't get it off either engine. Some one help please, cause this is confusin the hell outta me :spin:

try going inside the car. put the shifter in 4th gear and then try it again. pull it straight back. it should slide right out.

i'm taking a shot in the dark here but it might be bent and so it's stuck.

the shifter is out, so thats not an option, and where would i hit it with a rubber mallet

give it some elbow grease son....

just pull towards the rear, it should come out.

usually this is the not so labor intensive part :D

there's 2 parts to the bitch pin. make sure both are out.

one is an aligator looking black clip. the inside is a metal dowel looking thing. make sure you got both off, then just yank backwards

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 11 2003, 02:32 AM
there's 2 parts to the bitch pin. make sure both are out.

one is an aligator looking black clip

He said he got both parts out in the first post. Whats an "aligator looking black clip"??

I still have'nt gotten that shit off, I took the ring clip thing off then i punched the pin out, I have to be missing something cause it wont come off either tranny, I have to be doin something wrong. I dont know if i should really yank on that shit because I might break something. It seems like it has something holding it back.

With the ring clip, and spring pin gone, there is nothing holding it in. Pull on it tp make sure it is not in a forward gear (all the way with no slack) and give it a light tug, then a light yank, then pull the motherfucker till it submits to your will. The torque rod IS unbolted from the tranny, right?

Hahah, I'm a fuckin genius, no pissedoffsol is, I finally figured out where the alligator clip thing was and started whackin that shit wit a hammer and a pin. It came out nice and easy after that, Now i can go to sleep happy. That little ass pin holds it in good.

Back