shift pins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vdubber

i have the b16 in my car, but the shift linkage that came with that engine is choped in half. I have a hasport shift link in my garage. the problem is though that i cant remove the bitch pin. i have been hitting it with a 5/16 pin punch wich i belive to be a 8mm. the pin hasnt been moving at all. its almost like its welded in or at least rusted. any suggestions? i already have been using wd40

it's gotta be an 8mm...when i got to that point on mine, i tried every possible size other than 8mm, and ONLY 8mm works...i dont know why, i dont care why.

you can pick one up at sear's for a couplea dollars.

once you got an 8mm, if it still wont come out, just continue to beat the bitch outta it. it'll give sooner or later.

edit: thinkin about it, make sure you're hitting the pin that's under the rubber boot, not the one that's riveted on the hinge thingie.

I had the same problem, there are 3 parts to getting it off, the clip, the spring pin (just punch it out with some kind of pin or screw driver) then the alligator clip (im not sure of the size punch u need but it's a bitch to get out)

The spring pin should be easy to get out. The alligator clip is what is around the spring pin, it kinda looks like its rivited in there but it's not.

Back