Shifter Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

When changing from an automatic to a manual transmission. When it is said a new shifter is needed would a short shifter off of ebay or jegs or somewhere solve this problem...or are there more components needed?

its a lot more than just changing the shifter dude...

you need the manul tranny, manual ecu, pedal assemly, clutch hydrolic fluid lines, cltch master cyl, interior trim pieces, shift linkage, and shifter-- either stock or a short one

no need to be a dick
im sure there was a time that you didnt know shit

No, I knew i need all of that I'm talking when switching the actual shifter...I knew i needed the pedals, tranny, master and slave cylinder, shift linkage,etc. I'm talking what is needed specifically to instal the shifting lever that goes into the interior of the car.

yes, any replacement shifter for the car will work.
i'd stay away from ebay and jeggs though.

skunk2 single bend is the shit

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yes, any replacement shifter for the car will work.
i'd stay away from ebay and jeggs though.

skunk2 single bend is the shit
Where exaclty can i find a decent shifter...would any short shifter work or are there more parts needed than just the shifter stick?

shifter will fit., but like pissedoffsol said, the skunk 2 single bend is a good shifter, ive installed on many civics and acura EL's and they do work pretty damn good. B&M makes a great shifter aswell, ebay= breaking in half at the track and needing a tow home! :)

Could somebody please give me a list of what is needed to install just the shifter when swapping from an automatic to a manual transmission...i know i need a tranny, master and slave cylinder, pedals, etc...what is specifically needed to change the shifter?

Whos saying that WHEN A NEW SHIFTER IS NEEDED????????????? If your talking about swaping motors which duuuhh your on this site You have to change out the shift linkage on some aplications or you will either be to short or to long is that what your talking about???????????? Please help i need more info

im confuesed :blink:

STEVEO

Back