Shifter, transmission, and header gasket help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got the car to start after swapping on my dead D15B2 for a D16A6, and I have a couple problems. First off.....the headers that I bought came with all the gaskets, and I think the gaskets where the header meets the downpipe, and where the downpipe meets the cat are leaking. I can here the flapping sound. What gaskets can i get to replace them? Will stock ones work?

Next....where the he** do I fill the tranny? I tried filling it, and only got 1.5 quarts in the tranny. The Honda guy gave me 4 quarts of tranny fluid.

Next......I installed a short shifter during the swap and it is VERY hard to get the car to go into any gear. Could I have done something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

you fill it up in the fill bolt which is like a 17mm bolt and above a bolt that uses a 3/8s wrachet. Only around 1.5 to 2 quarts fit in a tranny before it will start to spill out. you could have installed the shifter wrong but it should still shift.

Which way does the bend in the shifter go? I'm gonna try to figure out the problem. The clutch goes in and out like it's supposed to, so i don't think the new clutch I bought is binding it. Any other thoughts?

ok, got the shifter to move freely, but now the clutch won't engage. The shifter was rubbing on the exhaust pipe. I guess it's time to drop the tranny out and try to fix the clutch.

Back