Shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I was thinkin about it and since I got my springs and some extra cash layin around, I wanna get my shifter too.

I was thinking skunk2. They have two options for the 00 Civics.

http://www.skunk2.com/accessories/shifters_app.htm

Whats the difference between the single and dual bend? Is there a difference in which one would actually fit?

They should both fit no problem. The dual bend is more like an Integra type of shifter.

If you are selling the car why are modding it?

No one wants it.

So is the dual bend better or is that just a way that acura/honda distinguishes itself from each other?

take off your shifter boot.... look at your stock shifter.... get the one that matches your cars stock shifter

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 29 2003, 03:14 AM
take off your shifter boot.... look at your stock shifter.... get the one that matches your cars stock shifter

That's my question, does it really matter which one? Either way it should give the same amount of throw shouldn't it?

yes .... but your shifter will be in a slightly different spot.... the dual bend will bring it a little further back the single bend will keep it where it is now

aaaaaaaaaaaah ok, I see. that clears that up, thanks E. :)

Single bend for me...I can't have it any closer to the armrest because I already nail the rest with my elbow on hard shifts to 2nd and 4th. :)

Back