shifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dave_255

i have 92 accord with h22a and automatic trans
my problem if it is problem is when say im going around 55 or 60 and say i press hard on the gas the engine revs higher hits vtec and as soon as its going shift back to normal it kinda studers. it will hit vtec and all .it doesnt shift smoothly back. do you guys thinks it because im usuing my original tcu with the prelude trans. or do you think i just need to flush my A/T fluid . im not sure what it could be. other than that the transmision shift fine. any ideas what it could be

You may need to clarify the question again for me. Are you saying that when you stomp on the gas it goes normal to vtec, then when you are coasting it studders - when slowing down or when the car downshifts?
sorry

say your at 3k and you stomp on the gas it will rev up to 4 4.5 all the way to vtec 5.5k and when it shift back to normal say 4 k it kinda studders or hesitates alittle bit

yeah it like you smash the gas it downshift meaning your in higher gear then it shifts to fourth gear.and when it shift to 4th it hesitates . when i drive normal it shifts fine .

when you "smash the gas" in an automatic car, it downshifts to a lower gear giving you more torque to get up and go. You are saying that when you smash it to full throttle it will engage vtec fine everything is alright up until your car goes to shift into a higher gear after already accelerating?
I dont know many remedies for an automatic transmission but it sounds to me like it may be your transmission is slipping. How many miles are on the tranny/engine? If you havent already, drain your tranny fluid and fill it back up with fresh fluid.

it shift fine reguarly but i think its actually my trans mount that need to be replaced. the trans only has about 45, 000 miles on it. i dont think it slipping but ill change the tranny fluid nonetheless. thanks anyway

Back