shipping/recieving of motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

what do I need to have when I recieve my motor this week?? I bought it through hmo, and got residential shipping. will the driver have a pallet jack, or should I try to fab up the cherry picker to get it out??

He should have something on his truck. I don't think they would expect all residents to have a cherry picker, or forklift.

yeah...I wanted mine in a week too, but it took 3. Watch out for unintened snags. My motor was on a truck that broke down and therefor caused a 2 week delay. Hell, I had even ordered the motor a month in advance, and told Steve not to ship it until I wanted and it didnt come!!! :angry: Oh well, it wasn't his fault, it was the shipping co's fault.

Originally posted by Iron 1@May 8 2005, 12:34 PM
what do I need to have when I recieve my motor this week?? I bought it through hmo, and got residential shipping. will the driver have a pallet jack, or should I try to fab up the cherry picker to get it out??
[post=496602]Quoted post[/post]​

post pics when it gets in

you and 2-3 friends can definatly carry the pallet (probly not too far, but you can get it to where it needs to go)
i had to move my pallet like 3 or 4 times before i actually got it in the car

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 9 2005, 10:56 AM
you and 2-3 friends can definatly carry the pallet (probly not too far, but you can get it to where it needs to go)
i had to move my pallet like 3 or 4 times before i actually got it in the car
[post=497000]Quoted post[/post]​

or he can put it on top of a skateboard? :D

didnt try that... im sure it could work if there was at leat 2 people to keep it upright and stable

I used the old skateboard trick to move a safe once, suprising how much weight they can hold.

hell, it only weighs 250... If I can't slide that, :kick:

I'm down to 175 from 230, 6 months ago. I move 200+ lb appliances all day... so this will be a walk in the park.

thanks again for all the help this last week...

Back