shocks and springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dvus1

anybody know what good shocks and springs are to use on a 88' civic hatch. coz i think it's time for me to replade the factory ones, lol........

struts, not shocks.

if your not lowering it, GR2 struts are a nice upgrade from stock.

if your are gonna lower it, im sure alot of people will say ground controls and AGX or koni yellow. thats kind of the unbeatable setup from what i gather, everyone recommend it, though ive never driven on them myself.

-Chris

2003 and later have stuts, prior to that they have shocks.

I'm using kyb agx's with neuspeed sport sprints ( the green ones) a modest 1.8" lower all around and the ride is just fine.

-- damn me and my spelling

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Apr 7 2004, 12:06 PM
2003 and later had stuts, prior to that htey have shocks.

:withstupid:

honda used a non-adjustable coilover up untill the new civics and shit

here is the stock suspension from an integra type R (the mounting forks are still attatched to the fronts) they are very similar to any other civic / integra... only difference is how the rear attatches to the LCA

DC2suspension1.jpg

here is the Spoon non-adjustable coilovers

coil_over.jpg

they are pretty much identical

now here are a few adjustable coilovers

tanabe sustec pro ss

S_S_04.jpg

TODA Racing FIGHTEX Type FS

product_b16a_fightex_fs.jpg

notice they are all very similar (only real major difference is the adjustable spring pertch)

this is a strut

pic12.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic5.jpg

tokico has a nice simple explanaition on their page
http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/car/products.html

i may not need the struts and spring anymore. im having a problem shipping my project car to GUAM. it's the price thats killing me....

Back