short shifter for prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

i am getting a honda prelude and im wondering which short shifter is good? ive been thinking about a neuspeed unit but is there any with a shorter throw?

btw i drove a civic with a cable-linkage for the first time, and wondering is there anyway to make it stay in the same spot when you shift(is this normal?)? ..when you put it in a gear, say 2nd, it moves back to the middle. this kinda confuses me and caused me to miss 3rd gear.

I don't believe Neuspeed makes a unit for Preludes/Accords.

There aren't many companies that make short shifters for the later Accord/Preludes, given the solid linkage. You need to buy a short shift adapter, like the ones made by OBX or DC. In short, they suck. They really don't do much for the shift throw. I know someone out there makes a true short shifter for these cars, but I'm too lazy to search. Google it up, or maybe someone here can offer some insight.

I look trought google, and only found short shifter adapters. No "true" short shifters for the BB6 Prelude.

I know that one exists, but I also know it's hard to find. Hell, the guy may not even have a website. But I know a true short shifter has been developed for the Prelude, it just hasn't been mass-marketed.

yea i just read the review on modsearch for their short shifter, they say its good.
forbiddenshifter01.jpg
looks good and pretty good price.

i think it gives it a very solid feel, it is also adjustable to three different settings so you can adjust it to however you like it best. i set it in the middle position and have never felt the need to change it.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jun 7 2004, 03:27 PM

btw i drove a civic with a cable-linkage for the first time, and wondering is there anyway to make it stay in the same spot when you shift(is this normal?)? ..when you put it in a gear, say 2nd, it moves back to the middle. this kinda confuses me and caused me to miss 3rd gear.

Isn't third in the middle of the gear shifting pattern? Don't beat up on the car when you shift. When going from 2nd to third, just relax your hand, let the shifter go into the middle, and gently push it up. Nothing to it.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jun 8 2004, 12:02 PM
yea i just read the review on modsearch for their short shifter, they say its good.
forbiddenshifter01.jpg
looks good and pretty good price.

This is for the 1992-1996 Prelude not the 1997 & + Prelude...
I don't think they made one for the 1997 & + Preludes.

i have a 96 prelude...i never said i had a 97+. sorry i didnt state that before.

thanks for tip driverunknown. i actually did have it in gear but didnt know it(didnt feel the "pop"); i took it out of third and when i tried to put it back in i missed.

Back