Short Shifter Help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
I'm looking to get a short shifter soon for my EG hatch, and was wondering if the brand makes a big difference.
I see a crap load on ebay for reeeally cheap.

Does it really matter what brand or they all pretty much do the job with no difference?
Any reccomendations? I'm not looking to spend that much...money is very tight.

Also evenually when I do my b18b swap, does it matter that I have a short shifter for a civic? I mean will it work or do I have to wait and get one for tegs. Cuz i know you gotta use teg shift-linkage for the swap and i dont know if that has anything to do with it. Thx for any help, PEAS

i have a skunk2 short shifter, because my buddy broke his DC sports shifter while doing an aggressive shift on the track... my skunk2 shifter says that is works on 92-00 civics and 94-01 integras, so it should work for you. Also I have an 89 civic so it really works for 88-00 civics... I recommend getting a dual bend shifter so that it puts the shifter in the stock position.

get the skunk2 its worth it

I just installed the skunk2 w/knob and some urathane bushings on my 91 CRX. total cost about $145
it's great unbelievable difference reduces thow from gear to gear like you wouldn't believe.

I recommend getting a dual bend shifter so that it puts the shifter in the stock position.

I don't know I've got the single bend and the stock shifter in my car was asingle bend feels like it's in the same spot as before. I guess it's all just personal preference

[Sam L Jackson Voice] Skunk2. When you absolutely, positively have to nail each gear. Accept no substitutes [/Sam L Jackson Voice]

dont buy a $100 shifter. they are all about the same thing, you will just be paying for the name. i had a $20 one in my car and it worked great.

Yeah, I don't usually buy cheap parts, but I picked up a no-name short shifter at Autozone, and I've had it in my car for over 2 years with no problem at all. From the looks of it, It appears to be of the same quality as a DC shifter

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 23 2003, 08:57 PM
I recommend getting a dual bend shifter so that it puts the shifter in the stock position.

I don't know I've got the single bend and the stock shifter in my car was asingle bend feels like it's in the same spot as before. I guess it's all just personal preference

im pretty sure the dual bend is for integras

Back