1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short shifter

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by civicclutchh22, Jul 20, 2007.

1. civicclutchh22

civicclutchh22 CivicClutchH22

Do any of you think there is a difference in throw legnth with a ebay shifter and a name brand shifter?My cousin bought a short shifter for his ranger and its a brand name,and the throws are alot shorter then my ebay shifter that i bought for my civic.Just wondering if its just a crappy shifter or the truck shifters are shorter ingeneral.

2. EF_EJB16A

EF_EJB16A New Member

sometimes on ebay you get what you pay for. im not saying generic shifters suck but they can. just shop around on there a bit more. thats where i got mine, its just a knock off edlebrock but it came with a type-r shift knob and it was only 20 bucks. i can't tell the difference in and my bros skunk2. your going to find that with anything on ebay though. hope this helps

3. biznatchyryan

biznatchyryan New Member

I have one on my car I cant fell the difference between an ebay knockoff or a brand name

4. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

from what i have heard the ebay knockoffs are made with a lesser grade metal. i got my b&m from ebay for 100.00 to me it is worth the cash for the name, id rather be safe with a name brand than fucked trying to shift and the it breaks half way down the shaft due to shitty material.

5. hatchbros 93

hatchbros 93 Junior Member

Ive actually heard of a cheapo short shifter breaking in half on somebody when they were driving, and I believe it. I purchased a type R knock off w/ knob and I heard people saying that they can shorten the life of the transmission. So i purchased a bm and that thing was smaller but weighted three times as much. In my opinion if felt better, and i dont believe in cheaping out on a part that operates your transmission. Its not like buying a cheap strut bar, which worse case scenario, wouldnt stiffen up your chassy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted