Short shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicclutchh22

CivicClutchH22
Do any of you think there is a difference in throw legnth with a ebay shifter and a name brand shifter?My cousin bought a short shifter for his ranger and its a brand name,and the throws are alot shorter then my ebay shifter that i bought for my civic.Just wondering if its just a crappy shifter or the truck shifters are shorter ingeneral.

sometimes on ebay you get what you pay for. im not saying generic shifters suck but they can. just shop around on there a bit more. thats where i got mine, its just a knock off edlebrock but it came with a type-r shift knob and it was only 20 bucks. i can't tell the difference in and my bros skunk2. your going to find that with anything on ebay though. hope this helps

from what i have heard the ebay knockoffs are made with a lesser grade metal. i got my b&m from ebay for 100.00 to me it is worth the cash for the name, id rather be safe with a name brand than fucked trying to shift and the it breaks half way down the shaft due to shitty material.

Ive actually heard of a cheapo short shifter breaking in half on somebody when they were driving, and I believe it. I purchased a type R knock off w/ knob and I heard people saying that they can shorten the life of the transmission. So i purchased a bm and that thing was smaller but weighted three times as much. In my opinion if felt better, and i dont believe in cheaping out on a part that operates your transmission. Its not like buying a cheap strut bar, which worse case scenario, wouldnt stiffen up your chassy

Back