short shifters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2e2vin

i need help finding a good short shifter, like shortest throw possible. also, would it be fine to just cut/weld the old shifter(add extension on bottom)?

You could do that, but it might break on you if the welds aren't done well enough. Some big company makes a shifter with a threaded center section so you can adjust the throw by moving the ball up and down, but I forget who it is. You might want to look for that one.

thats like what im looking for Will, shortest throw.

what do you guys think about this:
ACFKl3h2H.jpg

its a Revo unit, the throw is the same as the arospeed(on their website, it says 40-50%, and for the revo unit its 45-50%) and runs for $35 from robear racing.

I have heard bad things about Revo but I have never used any of their products so I am not too sure you should check out the B&M shortshifter, I heard they are really good. I have a Streamline Racing shortshifter and mine is great but I got one for my friend and his rattled really bad.

ive tried to search for problems people have had with the revo and can only find people with the rsx short shifter. even then, revo came out with a 2nd version that was improved and didnt break like the old ones. :shrug2:

also, how much does the b&m reduce the throw?

well i just ordered the B&M shifter and energy bushings, better to have a shifter that lasts then one with the shortest throw for only a few months. thanks guys

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Dec 18 2004, 03:46 PM
well i just ordered the B&M shifter and energy bushings, better to have a shifter that lasts then one with the shortest throw for only a few months.  thanks guys
[post=434234]Quoted post[/post]​

I just put on those Energy Suspension shifter bushings and it feels like its brand new those things rock. I think you will be happy with your decision.

Ive got a skunk 2 D bend shifter. I like it, its really easy to shift, a lot because of the weight of the shifter.
I also have the energy suspension bushings, and when I installed them, it made the shifter feel better than new.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Dec 18 2004, 08:51 PM
I have a skunk2 dual bend. I love it, and highly recommend it.
[post=434277]Quoted post[/post]​

im running the counter weighted skunk 2 Single bend shifter with the heavy skunk 2 knob, its a badass combo and i feel is the best honda shifter option, its not a really cheap combo but it was ohh so worth it, ahhh feel those effortless shifts, like butter hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back