Should i buy an integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caffeind

I'm in college and need a cheaper (10-12k) car that gets moderate gas mileage. Also, the GS-R and Type-R models are pretty quick so that's always a plus. I doubt I'd do any mods since I'm broke :p. Are there any other cars in that price range that I should be looking for?

Also, as far as integra's go, are there any years i should avoid? any common problems?

I like the 90-93's. DC were a lil cheaper made and thus results in more noises. My car is 15 years old and aside from teh engine doesnt make any squeeks, squeels or any other abnormal noise from the interior. Just a thought, you can also get a 92-93 GSR Integra for about 3500-5500 depending on condition.

Good luck

DA9/DB2-1 > DC2-4/DB7-8

Originally posted by caffeind@Sep 5 2005, 04:02 PM
I'm in college and need a cheaper (10-12k) car that gets moderate gas mileage. Also, the GS-R and Type-R models are pretty quick so that's always a plus. I doubt I'd do any mods since I'm broke :p. Are there any other cars in that price range that I should be looking for?

Also, as far as integra's go, are there any years i should avoid? any common problems?
[post=549822]Quoted post[/post]​

Generally speaking, hondas are reliable cars. If you want to buy something reliable that looks halfway decent, then get a Honda. If you want to get something to race with, DONT get a honda.

Yes, some honda's can be quick, but they are either really expensive (NSX/S2000) or are gutted hatchbacks/coupes with no comfort options at all.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 5 2005, 08:05 PM

If you want to get something to race with, DONT get a honda.
[post=549907]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont race.

I wish I was so broke I only had 10 grand to spend on a car....

ITR's are nice, but you'll have to sleep in the damed thing to keep people from stealing it. Get an integra LS, do a H22 swap, turbo the bastard, and keep the steel wheels and hub caps on it.. Sleeper.. :) That will all come in under 10k and whip the pants off of a type r, and damn near anything else that you find on the road, save for z06s, vipers, etc...

One of the cheapest cars to make fast is a honda.

If you want a good all around car buy a honda. If you want something that will turn heads then.... look else where.

Hondas run great, can be made fast for cheap.

12K is enough to buy an older civic and drop a B16 with turbo in it.

anywho, the teg is a great car. and IMO one of the better looking "cheaper" hondas.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 5 2005, 08:58 PM
I wish I was so broke I only had 10 grand to spend on a car....

[post=549948]Quoted post[/post]​

i have the money for a car, but not the time or money to mod it.

i'm not looking to turbo/swap anything. i just want a stock car to drive until i'm out of college. i'm not even into the whole modding scene anyway.

Originally posted by caffeind+Sep 5 2005, 08:57 PM-->
Cashizslick
@Sep 5 2005, 08:05 PM

Generally speaking, hondas are reliable cars. If you want to buy something reliable that looks halfway decent, then get a Honda. If you want to get something to race with, DONT get a honda.

i dont race.
[post=549946]Quoted post[/post]​

Just tryin to help you make a decision there buddy :closedeyes:

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 5 2005, 09:22 PM-->
Originally posted by caffeind@Sep 5 2005, 08:57 PM
Cashizslick
@Sep 5 2005, 08:05 PM

i dont race.
[post=549946]Quoted post[/post]​

Just tryin to help you make a decision there buddy :closedeyes:
[post=549965]Quoted post[/post]​

didnt mean to come across as an ass :ph34r:
:) cheers

n/p

Anywho, just make sure you get the type of vehicle that best suits your needs. Like you said, you are in college. Keep in mind that once you graduate you will be entering the workforce and any car that seems nice to you now will be a POS once you have a decent job under your belt.

Im not saying not to buy an integra, but you might want to reconsider spending $12k on a car you do not necessarily need.

If you buy a $5k car and save the rest, your car and the extra money will make a nice down PMT on a new car once you graduate.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 5 2005, 09:28 PM
n/p

Anywho, just make sure you get the type of vehicle that best suits your needs. Like you said, you are in college. Keep in mind that once you graduate you will be entering the workforce and any car that seems nice to you now will be a POS once you have a decent job under your belt.

Im not saying not to buy an integra, but you might want to reconsider spending $12k on a car you do not necessarily need.

If you buy a $5k car and save the rest, your car and the extra money will make a nice down PMT on a new car once you graduate.
[post=549971]Quoted post[/post]​

very true. i was really leaning for a type R, but an older GS-R could be a better bet. I think i'm going to hit edmunds for some research.

what should i know about the older GS-R's?

92-93 are getting rare

I'd say the advice to get something for around $5k is great advice!

I am too much in the mindset that you could swap. for $12,000 an amazing car could be had.

I've had my integra for just about 3 years now and you couldn't pay me to get rid of it. Cheap to maintain, cheap to upgrade if you feel like it, lots and lots and lots of places to find parts. I am also a huge fan of the integra's body lines (both the 90-93's and the 94-01's). My vote, get a Teg... but not a Type R, he's not kidding about having to sleep in it to keep it.

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Sep 5 2005, 09:47 PM
92-93 are getting rare

I am too much in the mindset that you could swap. for $12,000 an amazing car could be had.
[post=549980]Quoted post[/post]​

Caffind, if you like the "Del Sol" style of honda civics, B (our fearless leader here at hondaswap) has a nice one for sale. Just click here Link Check page 5 for his recent price quote.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 5 2005, 09:52 PM-->
jimboburgess
@Sep 5 2005, 09:47 PM
92-93 are getting rare

[post=549980]Quoted post[/post]​

Caffind, if you like the "Del Sol" style of honda civics, B (our fearless leader here at hondaswap) has a nice one for sale. Just click here Link Check page 5 for his recent price quote.
[post=549983]Quoted post[/post]​

my friend, micah, has a sol. they are sweet, but i'm just a bigger fan of the tegs.
is this the same sol B built a while back? that thing was mean!!

i'd rather get a newer car/less mileage car, so i'm going to be looking at the 94+ models, and likely newer unless i can find a good deal.

buying a type R for a daily driver is like taking a hooker fishing.
sure, it can be fun, but in the end, its not why you got 'er.

the R will be stolen in no time... insurance is killer... its just not practical unless you are going to be racing it.

yes my del sol is for sale. the turbo stuff is long gone, it has a bone stock b16 in it.

Originally posted by jimboburgess+Sep 5 2005, 11:34 PM-->
TWISTEDIMAGE
@Sep 5 2005, 11:22 PM
i am selling a 96 gsr with al the comforts price is 5.5k firm
[post=549997]Quoted post[/post]​

bleh get this one!
[post=550006]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the help! that is nice

i have a thread around here some where on it

oh yes here it is
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...22&#entry576222

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 5 2005, 10:45 PM
buying a type R for a daily driver is like taking a hooker fishing.
sure, it can be fun, but in the end, its not why you got 'er.

the R will be stolen in no time... insurance is killer... its just not practical unless you are going to be racing it.

yes my del sol is for sale. the turbo stuff is long gone, it has a bone stock b16 in it.
[post=550012]Quoted post[/post]​

good point on the type R. a GS-R is very similar to a vtec sol in terms of performance isnt it?

Back