should i get engine damper or mount inserts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i just picked up a 94 ex coupe (i'll post pics later) and there is a lot of engine flex. the inserts would be a good add on, but the car is bone stock and is going to stay that way.

should i get the inserts or an engine damper? i'm leaning towards the damper because it's a daily driver and i don't want to feel the added vibration of the inserts.

i think i would just get new rubber inserts it shouldnt vibrate that much with stock inserts

it probably wouldn't hurt to do both...the dampers you can get on ebay for pretty cheap...

$42=energy suspension inserts
$61=NRG damper

the extra $20 doesn't really matter. I just don't want the vibration of inserts and ease of install for the damper is good to.

wow. the same damper for our cars is like 35 shipped.

Well, if your engine is flexing too much, you need to replace your mounts anyway. You stated that the vehicle is remaining stock and you dont want added vibration, so Why not replace them with new stock mounts? It'll be a more expensive, but you will be happy with the results.

If you slap a damper on a motor with bad mounts, you are still running the associated risks of having bad mounts. Might as well fix it right the first time.

Back