should i put a gsr in my si???????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixonsi

I have a B16a2 in my 2000si i have I/H/E/IM done to the motor.(not sure if thats all i got the car like this). i think i can out run a gsr with the same mods as of right now. but i dont like the low tq of the b16 should i go with a gsr motor or stay b16? which one has more potential or are the same ?what would be better in the long? And do a lot of si owners got this way?

well i would just keep what you have there perty much the same once you start modding it heavy, but i would keep the b16 and turbo it

that seems to be every ones answer and im starting to think its the best thing to do. is the gsr better to boost or the si

im not real sure on that one but i would think the b16 would be,

Keep the B16A2, its a great starting point. My friends 99' Si with I/H/E is pretty quick. He beat another one of our friends 00' GSR with DC headers, full cat back, intake manifold and short ram.

same here i've raced a gsr with all most the same set up and got him pretty good i know it sound kind of stuiped to ask this question if i can take gsr's but they come with more hp and tq and the come in a heaver car. alot of ppl that i hang out with all tell me it would be better if i got a gsr but i dont think they know what they are talking about.

it is all about personal preferance. supposedly the gsr head has better combustion chambers and is a bit better for boost. I really cant tell a difference, but if you are going to go the turbo route, just keep the b16 in there.

yea im going boost i got back 3800 on incpm tax and i got the money ill be pushing 7psi and should be about 260whp if that sound right.little tip i was at a shop by my house and was watching them dyno a gsr. it was funny wat they foun out. on a dyno jet the gsr was only pushing 138whp and 107tq it was all stock no i/h/e all stock. my si dyno was all stock was 141whp and 105tq more hp but less tq. now i know yall will say maybe the gsr had some thin wrong,maybe so but that is what i seen. the next thing will blow your mind and prove me wrong if you can. they had some type of bracket for the gsr to put a stock b16 intake manifold on the gsr head. it then made 156whp and 116tq and it had stock air box and exhaust. i asked the guy how they did that and he told me that the b16 im was better then almost any after market im and in some cases it was better then the type r. he said the type r was only better then the b16 after 8500rpms but bfor that the b16 was almost 5to6 hp better in low rpms. you can call bullshit all you want but i have know reason to lie. but if you want go tey it your self i dont think you will regret it. let me know what yall think of that

Back