should I use the b18c1 or the b16a?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kevinboicourt

I've got a 93 del sol si and I was thinking about getting a turboed b16a. I was just wondering if I should actually go with a b18c1 instead. which one do you think would work better for turbo, and which one would make better power to weght ratio. I know it would be easier to put in a b16a but would the b18c1 be worth it or should I just totally go with a b20/b16 frank instead? just some input guys, please.

It all depends on what your goals are. A B16 is not Easier than a B18C1 to installed. All B series motors go in the same way and bold in, in the same place so its all in what power you want. My suggestion would be a B20/B16 Head. Displacement is always good to have, plus Boost and you will be on your way to a great engine.

Originally posted by kevinboicourt@Oct 2 2004, 02:03 PM
I've got a 93 del sol si and I was thinking about getting a turboed b16a. I was just wondering if I should actually go with a b18c1 instead. which one do you think would work better for turbo, and which one would make better power to weght ratio. I know it would be easier to put in a b16a but would the b18c1 be worth it or should I just totally go with a b20/b16 frank instead? just some input guys, please.
[post=397490]Quoted post[/post]​

i would rather go with the b18c anyday over the b16a. but, if your tight on money, then the b16a is alright. if you got the money and know what you are doing, the b20 vtec is perfect. good luck.

b18 > b16 all day.

but, $2500 > 3500 all day.

if you got the cash, get the gsr.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 2 2004, 09:47 PM
b18 > b16 all day.

[post=397523]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by kevinboicourt@Oct 2 2004, 02:03 PM
[post=397490]Quoted post[/post]​

crvtec

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 2 2004, 03:47 PM
b18 > b16 all day.

What can I say but when he's right, he's right.

thanx for the opinions guys, but is that b18c1 going to be able to bolt right in? and how hard is it going to be to get runnin? I wouldn't mind using the b18c type-r, but that be even harder especially with the ecu being obd2 in a 93 honda del sol?

I wouldn't mind using the b18c type-r

how much money do you have???

type r is gonna run around 5K for a swap...

and did you consider an H22, swap is only around 2K...
or how about a boosted LS...?

lots of options, all depends on your funds and what you're looking to get out of the car...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 2 2004, 03:47 PM
b18 > b16 all day.

But then again - a b16 w/1k in mods > Stock GSR

Plus, we all know that 2500$ is not the complete price for having the swap completed - expect to pay 400$ for shipping, and if you are me and you are lazy, another $400 for the install.

well this car is my baby. I know I'm lookin at spending about $20,000 - $25,000 on this car for the whole total. To tell you the truth, I dont really know how feasable it may be, but I wanna try to get about 500hp - 600hp. Complete showcar that has go and show. I'm kind of new to the sport compacts, but I'm trying to learn as fast as I possibly can. I sit and read about everything on this website, and all kinds of other informational websites (pissedoffsol, your a total genius when it comes to hondas) but please, any help from anybody is very grateful. my goal is to try to make a power toy with the know-how to do it.

Originally posted by kevinboicourt@Oct 6 2004, 03:36 AM
well this car is my baby. I know I'm lookin at spending about $20,000 - $25,000 on this car for the whole total. To tell you the truth, I dont really know how feasable it may be, but I wanna try to get about 500hp - 600hp. Complete showcar that has go and show. I'm kind of new to the sport compacts, but I'm trying to learn as fast as I possibly can. I sit and read about everything on this website, and all kinds of other informational websites (pissedoffsol, your a total genius when it comes to hondas) but please, any help from anybody is very grateful. my goal is to try to make a power toy with the know-how to do it.
[post=398966]Quoted post[/post]​

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

*breath*

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

you can't build a helicopter and an airplane out of the same parts.

so why are you trying to do it with yoru car?

race car or worthless vechicle called a show car

pick one.

then try again

Originally posted by kevinboicourt@Oct 5 2004, 07:16 AM
thanx for the opinions guys, but is that b18c1 going to be able to bolt right in? and how hard is it going to be to get runnin? I wouldn't mind using the b18c type-r, but that be even harder especially with the ecu being obd2 in a 93 honda del sol?
[post=398450]Quoted post[/post]​

Use a 1995 GSR wiring harness and computer re-mapped with Type-R fuel maps and you will be golden. Easiet swap on the planet. And it will keep it OBD-1

Back