Si gauge Face

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

Will the 88-91 Sir (EF8/9) gauge face fit in my 91 DX? Where can I fing an article on this mod?

There's some big issues going on here. The guide at 4thgen.com is for the USDM SI gauge cluster. I'm puttin' in the SiR cluster (JDM) which has different plugs (1 out of 4 works) and an electronic speedo, where as my DX has a mechanical speedo. Can anyone help me??!?

however theres one problem still. The mechanical speedo and the electronic speedo on the tach. Anyone have ideas as to what I can do about this? What 4th gen USDM cars had an electronic speed sensor?

First problems is, you don't seem to know a lot about what you're talking about.

Tachometer = RPM Gauge.

Speedometer = Vehicle Speed Gauge

SiR's use an electronic VSS to send a signal to the speedometer. There is information out there on wiring a 5th gen Civic's VSS to be used with the SiR cluster. The signal is the same. I think it's 3 or 4 wires. Power, Ground, Signal. Maybe one more.

Tachometer = RPM Gauge.

Speedometer = Vehicle Speed Gauge

I know cak sacker, I meant 'gauges' when i said 'tach'
anyway, do all EG's have an electronic VSS? Do you know where I can find the article 'cause i've looked all over.....

Thanx for the reply

Back